BROWARD COLLEGE DUAL ENROLLMENT
Broward College Dual Enrollment/Early Admission Spring Term 2022
Please Note: This information is for continuing students only!
Broward College has launched a NEW Dual Enrollment/Early Admission Online Recommendation Form that is only available on your BC One Access account. This is a 3-part process (Student, Parent, Counselor) that must be completed by Friday October 1, 2021. This is the date students must have all placement testing done and form submitted and signed by parent. See below for how to access the new Dual Enrollment Recommendation Form.
- Go to broward.edu/dual.
- Click on the tile for Students.
- Scroll down to HOW TO GET STARTED. Choose the tab for your school type.
- New students should start with Step 1.
- Continuing students should start with Step 3.
- Under Step 3 click on the link for Dual Enrollment Recommendation Form.
- You will be prompted to log into your BC One Access Account and fill out your Dual Enrollment Recommendation Form.
- You will complete the steps above to access the online Dual Enrollment Recommendation Form.
- Complete the Student Sections as required.
- Spring Term Course Requests for DE/EA courses at BC
- Be sure to add a minimum of 4 and maximum of 8 course requests to the student portion of the form.
- Email your School Counselor for discussion and academic planning.
- Press “Submit” for your form to be sent to your parent’s email address. Be sure that you have communicated with your parent in advance regarding the receipt of the email that requires their electronic signature.
- Assist your parent in locating the Parent Guide for their portion of the online form.
- Email your School Counselor once you have confirmed that both the Student and Parent Sections of the form have been submitted.
- Locate the Parent Guide at broward.edu/dual.
- Complete the Parent Section of the Dual Enrollment Recommendation Form that requires your electronic signature.
- Press “Submit”.
- Counselors will complete the approval portion of the DE Recommendation Form in order of receipt in the Dynamic Forms System.
- Counselors will then submit forms to Broward College for entry.
What happens next?
- Your DE Online Recommendation Form must be completed by you and approved by your parent, no later than Friday, October 1st at 3 PM. Then your counselor will be able to view and approve it online. This is a District wide deadline set by Broward College.
- Once your parent, counselor and BC have approved your form, you will receive an email (in your BC account) with confirmation of your 8 possible approved courses for Spring Term.
- Register for your class(es) through your BC account. The date you may begin registering is October 27th, 2021. You do not need to register for DE courses taken at PHS.
- Do not schedule BC classes that interfere with your PHS schedule! Fully online, Friday and weekend classes are also permitted.
- Students must submit a copy of their BC schedule to their School Counselor. Retrieve schedule from MyBC>Registration>MySchedule. Save as a PDF and email to your counselor.
For students NEW to Broward College Dual Enrollment:
- Be enrolled as a student in a Florida public or non-public secondary school or home education program in Broward County
- Minimum 3.0 unweighted high school grade point average (GPA)
- College level test scores in all areas – English, Reading and Math on an ACT/SAT/PERT/ ACCUPLACER (these are the only acceptable assessments. ACCUPLACER Testing must be complete before you can complete the Dynamic Forms online)
- If a student does not have a required/passing score for the ACT/SAT/PERT, she/he can take an ACCUPLACER test virtually. Visit the Testing Center for ACCUPLACER study guide questions and testing center locations and times. ALL testing has to be completed/submitted to school before set deadlines.
- Students doneed to apply to the College first. Complete the Broward College Application and obtain a student ID. DO NOT lose this ID.
- Then, students must go to broward.edu/dualand click on the Testing tile
- This area will guide students to fill out a request to test.
- The testing center will send the students a testing voucher to their personal email to take the exam remotely.
- Students must complete testing by the Deadline. If they do not, it will be good for the next term of enrollment.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT STUDENTS USE THE BC DE WEBSITE AS A RESOURCE TO FIND OUT ABOUT TESTING, ELIGIBILITY, APPLYING, DEADLINES, DE APPROVED COURSE LIST, ONLINE DE FORM, BOOKSTORE INFORMATION, DISABILITY RESOURCES, ETC.
Students should contact their School Counselor with any questions regarding the Broward College Dual Enrollment.