Welcome to another fun-filled year of after school childcare here at Coconut Creek Elementary.
A letter from BASCC, explaining the aftercare payment increase. Aftercare Letter
We understand that parents are faced with the difficult task of finding quality childcare for their children. CCES is proud to offer a School Board Operated Before and Aftercare program that will provide students with a secure, supervised, constructive learning and play environment. The students participate in a variety of activities throughout the afternoon. Some of the activities include homework time, computers, reading, art and crafts, outdoor play, and games to name a few. The goal of our program is to offer a wide variety of fun, quality activities for your child.
Our mission is to provide students with an inclusive child care program that is safe and nurturing in a comfortable environment. A culturally enriching program that promotes the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child; and a program that meets the highest quality of child care standards.
The Mission of Before and After School Child Care is to provide children with:
- an inclusive childcare program that is safe and nurturing in a comfortable environment;
- a culturally enriching program that promotes the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child;
- a program that meets the highest quality of childcare standard
Please email Brian Kenney for availability in our program.
Thank you for choosing our BASCC program. We appreciate your trust.
The 2020/2021 Parent Handbook
- Program Supervisors: Sandy Weaver and Brian Kenney
- Program Contact Number is 754-322-5804, during the day please leave a message.
- After Care: 2:30 pm- 6:00 pm
- Remind: Join our Remind group by texting @ccesaf to 8101
Frequently Asked Questions:
- ess/outdoor play with some limitations of sports. It is highly recommended that students wear face coverings outdoors; however, it is not mandatory.
- Homework: We have allotted time for homework for all groups. If a student ne
- Face Coverings (Mask): As per the BCPS Face Covering Policy, students are required to wear face coverings upon arrival to school grounds. Face coverings must cover the nose and mouth. If a student does not have a face-covering one will be provided to them for the day. With appropriate documentation, students with special needs or health concerns may be exempt. Students may remove facial coverings while eating or outside during scheduled breaks if students are 6ft apart.
If a student refuses to wear a face covering, or continues to remove it, the supervisor should immediately contact the parent/guardian regarding the next steps.
- Snack: There is no activity fee this year, so we are asking our parents to send a snack with your child(ren).
- Outdoor Play: Groups will have rec
- eds assistance, they must ask their counselor for it. We do not offer one-on-one homework help.
- Sign-out (After Care): A staff member will greet you in the driveway of the school. All parents must remain in their cars for dismissal. Parents will no longer sign the student(s) out.
Hours of Operation and Cost of Program:
Aftercare hours: 2:30 PM-6:00 PM (earliest pick up is 3 PM) or Early Release Days 12:30 PM-6:00 PM (earliest pick up is 1 PM)
Cost: The hourly aftercare rates were raised to $3.50 an hour to help off-set the additional staff needed to cover room ratios, isolation room, and escort staffing cost. The pay period is bi-weekly, until further notice.
Aftercare Full Fee $123 for two weeks of aftercare
SBBC & Sibling Fee $116 for two weeks of aftercare
CCES 1 Hr. Staff Fee $33
Registration Fee $30
The payments will remain open on the eStore through the first Monday of the new period. Failure to pay may result in your child being removed from the program.
You can pay by going to estore.
Registration Procedures for online application:
- Go to the Before & After School Child Care website
- Scroll down to select your child’s school, then click “Submit”:
- To proceed, click on the icon circled below:
- Enter log-In information. The account name is “web”; leave the password blank. Click on, “Sign In”.
- Click, “Go”; click, “OK”. The Parent Handbook will pop-up. After reviewing it, click on the “x” to close it. You will be able to begin your application.
- Select your school from the dropdown menu; click “Go”.
- If you are starting a new application, select “New Application”. If you are updating an existing application, select, “Update Application”. Note: If you are updating an existing application, you must have your original application number.
- Fill out the application.
Parents, if you have made the first-period payment and your child is on free or reduced lunch you may apply for a scholarship for aftercare. The scholarships can reduce your weekly payments to either 25% or 50% off.
- Ensure you provide a monitored email address. Updates and communication regarding your child’s application to the program will arrive via email.
- Initial all the items on the last page of the registration form. This ensures you have read and agree to the items on the Parent Handbook.
- Provide at least two emergency contacts, other than yourself.
- Sign the page by typing your first and last name where indicated.
- If you have completed your application, you will receive a pop up:
- You will receive an email within three business days from your program’s supervisor informing you if your child had been accepted into the program or placed on the waitlist.
- All communication will include your application number. Please make a note of it.
- If you are accepted, you will need to make your payment on the e-Store.
- If your child is put on a waitlist, the supervisor will contact you when space becomes available.
- If you have any questions, please contact your school and speak with the program supervisor.