Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (JROTC)
The mission of JROTC is "to motivate young people to become better citizens." Our cadets are highly motivated and ready for any challenge. They are proven leaders who have demonstrated their willingness to work hard to achieve success.
JROTC is an elective course taken in high school, that gives cadets the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills. It is about developing young adults for life in the 21st century. It teaches self-discipline, increases confidence levels, and gives cadets the opportunity to sharpen communication skills, citizenship, leadership potential, self-esteem, and physical fitness. JROTC also promotes graduation from high school and develops a solid foundation for career expansion. JROTC cadets are a group of high school students, destined for success.
Principles of Leadership
- Know yourself and seek improvement
- Be technically proficient
- See responsibility and take responsibility for your own actions
- Make sound and timely decisions
- Set the example
- Know your personnel and look out for their well being
- Keep our subordinates informed
- Develop a sense of responsibility in your followers
- Ensure each task is understood, supervised, and accomplished
- Build a team
- Employ your team in accordance with its capabilities
Army Junior ROTC Cadet Creed
I am an Army Junior ROTC Cadet.
I will always conduct myself to bring credit to my family, country, school, and Corps of Cadets.
I am loyal and patriotic.
I am the future of the United States of America.
I do not lie, cheat or steal and will always be accountable for my actions and deeds.
I will always practice good citizenship and patriotism.
I will work hard to improve my mind and strengthen my body.
I will seek the mantle of leadership and stand prepared to uphold the Constitution and the American way of life.
May God grant me the strength to always live by this creed.