Before and After Care
Our mission is to provide students with an inclusive child care program that is safe and nurturing in a comfortable environment. A culturally enriching program that promotes the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of each child; and a program that meets the highest quality of child care standards.
Before & After School Programs at AMS
Click each topic to learn more about our programs, registration, fees, and contact information.
21st Century Learning Program
The 21st Century CLC extends educational support to students and families before and after school and during the summer.
In small-class settings, certified teachers are on-site to assist students with homework and tutoring along with overseeing engaging activities.
The program runs from August 23, 2021, to June 8, 2022, Monday through Friday.
Hours of operation are from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. for Before Care and 4:05 p.m. to 6:05 p.m. for After Care.
- Free After School Learning Program with Certified Educators
- Free Transportation to students within Apollo Middle School boundary
- STEM Project-Based Learning throughout the year
- Chess Club
- Athletic Training
- College and Career Readiness
- Educators who specialize in Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and Geometry tutoring as well as Reading, ELA
- In past years, 100% of our Algebra students passed the EOC
- One-on-one tutoring available
- Assistance with credit recovery
- Weekly grade monitoring
Goals and Expectations
- Student improvement in all course subjects, attendance, and behavior
- Parents are expected to attend 6 Parent Nights and 3 Advisory Council Meetings for the year
Reminder: There is NO charge for our program or our transportation
Unity 4 Teens Program
Unity 4 Teens (U4T) is a year-round before/after-school and summer program for middle school students.
U4T has been designed to provide education and enrichment activities to help students attain academic and social success while having fun.
- Before Care 7 am-8:30 am
- After Care 4 pm-6 pm (Monday - Friday)
- Fun, Engaging, Social Activities for Teens
- Summer Enrichment programs
If you have any questions or are interested in Unity 4Teens, please contact Ms. Renee Job.
- Parents MUST register their child in person
- Parents should have their child’s student number
- We ONLY accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express (NO CHECKS)
- Payment MUST be made at the time of registration
Registration and Fees
- 21st Century Learning Program has NO COST for Registration or Transportation
- Unity 4 Teens Program is offered at NO COST for students