Our mission is to provide students with an inclusive child care program that is safe and nurturing in a comfortable environment. A culturally enriching program that promotes the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child; and a program that meets the highest quality of child care standards.
After Care Information
Sunshine Elementary is the provider for our After-School Care Program. We are again pleased to be able
to offer our own on-site managed program.
Our goal is to provide affordable care in a safe and nurturing environment. Our program will provide a variety of fun activities, such as: homework, arts and crafts, outdoor games, computers, board games, drama, and many other exciting and enriching activities. Children will rotate to different activities and will be grouped by grade level.
The After Care Program is conducted in accordance with Broward County School Board Policies.
Service: Monday through Friday ( school days only) 2:00 p.m. -6:00 p.m. Sorry, there is no After-School Care service on Teacher Planning days or Holidays.
Personnel: We have a qualified staff of dedicated teachers and paraprofessionals, and college students that are in their educational careers. There is one staff member for every 20 students.
Registration: A complete registration form, Medical Information must be completed and payment received before your child enters our SunCare Program. (If you have more than one child participating in our program, you will need to have a completed registration form for each child).
Fees: School Board Guidelines mandate that we may not have a child present in After-School Care if they have not PRE-PAID BY THE DATE INDICATED ON THE FEE SCHEDULE. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
Registration Fee is $25.00
- Full fee $172.00 + $5.00 Activity Fee = $177.00
- Fees are in monthly installments, according to the attached schedule. Credit cards and checks are welcome. If payment is not made by the date noted, your child will be withdrawn from the program and a RE-REGISTRATION fee must be paid for re-entry into the program. Please make checks payable to Sunshine Elementary School. If you have been approved for Free or Reduced Lunch under the Broward County Free Lunch Program, you MAY be eligible for reduced after-care rates. Please ask for an application form if this applies to you.
- We can not accept weekly payments.
- There will be no credit or reduction of tuition or refund for absences due to illness or vacation since expenses for staff continue during the child's absence.
Pick-Up: Children must be picked up at or before 6:00 p.m. A Late Pick-Up Fee of $15.00 will be charged for every 15 minutes that parent is late picking up their child. (1-15 minutes;$15.00; 16-30 minutes;$30.00m etc.) These charges will be assessed per child and payment must be made on the same day of late pickup.
Habitual late pick-ups may result in dismissal from the program.
Discipline: All children are expected to abide by the rules of discipline as stated in the Student Discipline Code Book. Parents will be notified of serious or recurring discipline problems. If the problems cannot be resolved, the child may be withdrawn from the program.
- Complete all registration forms. Keep registration information current at all times.
- Pay fees on time.
- Provide a daily snack (if desired) or $1.25 for the snack machine. Juice/milk and snacks are also provided.
- Arrange for daily, on time, student pick-up.
- Sign daily sign out log
- Notify program staff when someone other than authorized listed persons will be picking up your child. We cannot release your child to persons not listed on the registration form.
- Inform Ms. Walker or Ms. Dorsett when your child will not be attending the After Care program.
- IDENTIFICATION is required for anyone picking up a child from our program.
- Provide the program with a password to identify all authorized persons to pick up your child.
After School Care Contact Personnel:
Ms.Walker is our On-Site Supervisor and is in charge of receiving payments.
Ms. Walker can be contacted at the SunCare office at 754-323-7743 from 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Ms. Melissa Walker AfterCare Supervisor
754-323-7730 Aftercare Line