New Students

  • How to Register for School

    So you want to register your child in our school?  No problem!

    Below is a checklist to help the registration process go as smoothly as possible:

    First, make sure that we are the correct school.  To find out the school(s) assigned to your home address, you can either use our School Locator feature or call the District's Innovative Programs Department at 754-321-2380. You must provide your specific street address and your child's grade level and the office will determine the correct school your child is supposed to attend.

    When you arrive at your child's school to register, please use the following checklist:



    (School Board Policy 5.1 Amended 1/15/13)



    Column A - One current piece of evidence from the following sources in the name of the parent/guardian registering the child:

    _______ Current telephone or electric bill in the name of the parent registering the child

    _______ Mortgage Statement

    _______ Notarized Lease agreement with name, address, and phone number of lessor

    _______ Mortgage commitment

    _______ Home Purchase contract including specified closing date, with copy of deed to be provided within 60 days of closing date

    _______ Homestead exemption card


    Column B - One current piece of evidence from the following sources in the name of the parent/guardian registering the child:

    _______Automobile Insurance

    _______Current Florida Driver’s License/Florida Identification Card

    _______Cellular telephone bill

    _______Credit card statement

    _______Bank account statement

    _______United States Postal Service confirmation of address change request or evidence of correspondence delivered through U.S. Postal Service

    _______Declaration of Domicile form from the County Records Department


    When domicile is temporary, and proof, as stated above, cannot be presented at the time of registration, the student shall be allowed to register in school for 30 days with the following documents:

    ________A notarized statement of Provisionary Domicile signed by the parent/guardian and owner or lessee with whom the parent/guardian is residing

    ________A proof of residency from the Column A list above, in the name of owner or lessee signing the Statement of Provisionary Domicile

    Acceptable permanent proof of residency must be provided with 30 days


    When the parent/guardian resides permanently with someone else who resides in the school’s boundary area, the parent/guardian must submit one from each of the following:

    ________A proof of residency from the Column A list above, in the name of owner or lessee

    ________ One current piece of evidence from Column B list above in the name of the parent/guardian registering the child

    NOTE: Students whose parents are found, after appropriate investigation, to have submitted fraudulent in formation in an effort to enroll a student in a school to which the student is not assigned shall be immediately withdrawn and referred for enrollment in the appropriate boundary school.


    _______Official birth certificate

    If such certificate is not available, the following forms of evidence are acceptable:

    _______ A duly attested transcript of a certificate of a religious document showing date of birth, accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent

    _______ Insurance policy on the child’s life which has been in force at least two years

    _______ A passport or certificate of arrival in the U.S. showing the age of the child

    _______ Official school records that provide evidence that the child has attended school for four years

    _______ An affidavit sworn to by the parent, accompanied by a certificate from the

    County health officer, that he/she believes the child to be of required school age



    _______ Students, grades K‐12 and entering Florida school for the first time, must present evidence of a medical examination performed within twelve months prior to their initial enrollment or day student was brought to school to fill out necessary forms for the purpose of Becoming a Broward County Public School student

    _______ Parents must provide a written notification of any health/medical problem that requires staff awareness and/or supervision for their child

    _______ Medical Treatment Form, if needed



    _______Florida Certificate of Immunization (Form HD680)

    _______Permanent medical Exemption (if immunization if contraindicated for one or all)

    _______Religious exemption (Form681), a temporary exemption (Form DH680 Part B) or a medical exemption (Form DH680, Part C)



    If the student is residing with someone other than the parent or legal guardian, the following provisions shall apply:

    _______If the parent/guardian lives within the tri‐county area (Miami Dade, Broward or Palm Beach), the individual registering the child must provide documentation of custody by an appropriate state agency such as the Department of Children and Families or the Court. In case of hardship, to be determined by the school, a signed, notarized Letter appointing custody will be sufficient

    _______ If the parent/guardian lives outside the tri‐county area (including outside of the U.S.), a notarized statement from the parent/guardian, identifying the person assuming responsibility for the child must be presented

    _______ If a parent/guardian lives within the tri–county area, and the student lives in a residence licensed by the Department of Children and Families, the student may be enrolled in the school that serves that licensed residence.


    _______Registration emergency card (NOTE: Only parents/guardian signing registration form can change registration/emergency information).


    _______Latest report card and/or transcript needed for appropriate grade placement


    If you have any questions, please call our register during school hours: Register My Child

    CHECKLIST (pdf)