Mrs. Michelle Engram-McKnight
Greetings to the Fairway Elementary School Community! I am honored to serve as the principal within the Historic Miramar Community. We are proud to announce that Fairway Elementary has been graded as a “B” school, according to the State of Florida School Accountability Grading. It is our consistent focus on collaboration between home, school and our community that has aided us in achieving this goal.
Our goal is to ensure we are preparing our students to be competitive. We strive to provide an environment that includes experiences that focus on “reading to learn” skills that will better prepare our students to (be prepared to) become our nation’s ‘problem solvers’ of tomorrow.
Our school has achieved the following accomplishments:
- Recognized as 1 out of 14 Broward Schools for showing a double-digit increase in 3rd grade on the Florida Student Assessment (FSA).
- Providing a digital platform for instruction in our upper grades.
- Providing numerous (many) experiences which allow students to develop important skills necessary for future success; such as: Career Day, Student Council, SOAR, field trips, ‘Jump Rope for Heart’ and Leukemia student driven advocacy, television production, mentoring across grade levels and fun activities designed to develop a belief that school is fun.
- Availability of technology throughout all grade levels and within all classrooms.
- An Early Childhood Program, which include supportive services for students, HEADSTART and a full-time VPK.
- Participation in the KAPOW (KIDS AND THE POWER OF WORK) program with our 2nd graders..
At Fairway Elementary, our mission is to provide every student with a learning experience (that is) tailored to meet his or her social-emotional and academic needs. We believe in the power of the many; and encourage you to become a partner with us, in our quest to provide a rich learning environment to influence tomorrow’s world.
Michelle E. McKnight