Absence Reporting / Policy
Not Coming to School Today?
Children are expected to be in school 180 days from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.. Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. are tardy. Absences must be reported via the attendance line at 754-322-6502 or written note. The report must come from a parent and give the date(s) of the absence and the reason for it. Cases of continual tardiness or absences will be referred to the school's Social Worker and the district.
Parents MUST report these absences within two days following the absences. A note can be sent either the day before or not later than the second day after the absence. Please fell free to email the front office (data processor) your child's absence. You may also, report an absence using the website; On the front page, select the "Contact" tab at the top and then "Report an Absence."
Attendance Policy 5.5
- All students' absences must align with the eight (8) reasons allowed for absences, as outlined in the Attendance Policy and in the Code of Student Conduct.
- Parents must state reason (from approved list) for absence when they call in or write a note to report a student's absence.
- Absences can only be excused if they correspond with one of the eight (8) allowed reasons.
TRANSLATIONS COMING SOON!!!
Reporting an Absence
Reporting a Student's Absence
There are two ways in which to report your child's absence:
1. via telephone at 754-322-6502
2. via attendance mailbox: On the main menu select "Contact" tab at the top and then "Report an Absence"
Please be sure to include the following information:
Child's first and last name
Your child's teacher's name
Reason for absence and date