What is SAC?
- SCHOOL ADVISORY COUNCIL
- SAC is responsible for developing and monitoring the School Improvement Plan or SIP.
- Members of SAC also participate in the preparation of the annual school budget.
- Approve how to use the funds that are allocated each year for the development and implementation of the School Improvement Plan.
- Approve how to allocate A+ funds.
- Elect a parent representative to the Innovation Zone
- Elect a SAC chairperson
- Engage in ongoing training activities in support of the School Improvement Plan
- Participate in joint training activities with SAF
- Input into instructional materials, technology, staffing, resource allocation, and waivers.
- Hold at least two joint meetings with SAF each year
- SAC members are elected, and made up of both school based employees, and parents and community members. The composition of SAC must be approved each year by the School Board.
- A majority of SAC members may not be employed by the school.
- SAC meets the first Tuesday of every month at 5:30PM, elected members are required to attend. Only elected members may vote.
School Advisory Council (SAC): The School Advisory Council shall be the sole body responsible for final decision-making at the school relating to implementation of ss.1001.42(18) and1008.345.U The SAC is composed of parents, teachers, community members, school administrators, non-instructional support staff, and other stakeholders who meet regularly to establish priorities, set annual objectives, and monitor action steps for school improvement.