The College Tour Program for Deerfield Beach High School is now accepting New Applicants for the College Tour Program sponsored by the Jim Moran Foundation. College Tour is a program delivered by the Urban League of Broward County and funded by The Jim Moran Foundation, in conjunction with the Deerfield Beach High School.
Through the College Tour Program, The Jim Moran Foundation, The Urban League of Broward County, and Deerfield Beach High School provide case management services, parental workshops, ACT/SAT preparation, academic tutoring, self-development workshops, community service opportunities, field trips, and a four day college tour to prepare students for College and Career Readiness, improve grades, enhance ACT/SAT test scores, increase community involvement, and successful program completion beyond high school.
New students to the program must:
- Be a student at Deerfield Beach High School
- Be in tenth or eleventh grade ( graduating seniors who participated in College Tour the previous year areeligible to participate in the program during their final year)
- Have a grade point average between 2.5 – 3.6
- An interested student with a GPA above 3.6 must be a first generation college student (There is a 10% enrollment cap for students above 3.6.)
- Be eligible for free or reduced lunch
- Not receive official academic or behavioral disciplinary action more than one time per year
There are a limited amount of spots available. You may receive the College Tour Intake Form by downloading the form or stop by Student Affairs.
COLLEGE TOUR INTAKE FORM
The College Tour Intake Form will be due by eligible students to Student Affairs by Monday, September 25th at 2:45 p.m.
- Interviews for the selection process will take place Wednesday, September 27th and Thursday, September 28th.