CollegeBoard 2012 Gaston Capterton Inspiration Award
As one of three schools in the nation and the only school in Florida, Fort Lauderdale High School won this prestigious award for preparing our diverse student body for successful participation and achievement in college level courses and tests taken during high school.
Washington Post "Top 90"
The Washington Post recently ranked Fort Lauderdale High School 84th among all high schools in the country (nearly 22, 000 high schools nationwide).
2012 Excellence in Urban Education
Fort Lauderdale High School was an honorable mention recipient of this prestigious award presented by the National Center for Urban School Transformation.
Other 2012 Accomplishments
- 2012 senior class received over $3 million in scholarship funds and included a National Merit Scholar Finalist and University of Florida President's Scholarship recipient.
- School-wide Advanced Placement Passing Rate: 59%...up 5% from the previous year
- Ranked 48th in the nation by CollegeBoard for minority participation and passing rates in Advanced Placement courses and exams
- FCAT testing results included a 13% jump in tenth grade reading and 90% proficiency in writing
- Voted the Second Most Improved Sports Program in Broward County by the Sun Sentinel