Welcome to the TTMS Dual Language Program!!
Tequesta Trace now offers the opportunity for students to pursue a Dual Language education in English/Spanish. This successful program is based on the philosophy on the transfer of skills from one language to another. Every Dual Language student will spend 50% of their day in English language instruction, and 50% of their day in Spanish language instruction.
Benefits of a Dual Language Program
- Students need to meet the demands of today’s global society and economic opportunities.
- Prepares students for college and career readiness.
- Develops higher-order thinking skills as students learn a second language.
- Knowledge learned through one language facilitates acquisition of the second language.
- Responds to parental desire for dual language programs.
- Students’ benefit from cognitive advantages associated with second language acquisition.
- Promotes multicultural awareness and appreciation for other languages and cultures.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact: