Panther Run has an extremely active volunteer program. Teachers welcome your help in the classroom as well as chaperoning on field trips. There are also jobs you can do at home to help the teacher. If you are interested in becoming a school volunteer, please call the school office and ask for the school volunteer coordinator. Your interest and involvement is always appreciated.
Special Note: ALL VOLUNTEERS/MENTORS MUST REAPPLY ON-LINE EVERY SCHOOL YEAR.
All volunteers must complete the On-Line Volunteer Registration Form, every school year, and be approved to work as a school volunteer before participating in any school activities. This procedure applies to any and all classroom volunteer work and to field trip chaperones. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
YOUNGER/OLDER SIBLINGS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ACCOMPANY A PARENT VOLUNTEER IN THE CLASSROOM OR TO ANY OTHER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES DURING SCHOOL HOURS.
We wish to welcome all who plan to become school volunteers. Before making a commitment the following information is to be read and understood:
1. Parents are permitted to volunteer in their own child’s classroom or elsewhere in the school. Each classroom teacher makes the decision as to whether parents of his/her students will work in their classroom. Selection and use of classroom volunteers is at the discretion of each individual teacher.
2. Volunteers are not permitted to interfere with any child’s independence or schoolwork, including their own child.
3. Volunteers are not permitted to work with any confidential information related to students. This includes: grades, addresses, phone numbers, discipline information, articulation cards, test scores, etc. Volunteers are not permitted to grade student work.
4. Volunteers may not discipline students. Please notify the teacher if you have a problem with a student. Volunteers may NOT be left alone with students in the room.
5. Volunteer utilization is determined by school personnel based on the needs of the educational program.
6. Volunteers will be trained for specific task assignments.
7. Once volunteers commit themselves to assist our program, we ask that they remain loyal and consistent. Students and staff depend on their volunteers for programs and projects.
8. For security purposes, volunteers must refrain from going to classrooms and parts of campus other than where they have been assigned.
9. Volunteers MUST SIGN IN AND OUT on the STAR machine whenever they are on campus.
10. All STAR I.D. Badges are to worn on the left shoulder at all times for consistency purposes.
ACCESSING THE ONLINE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
If your interest and concern for students motivates you to volunteer in Broward County Public Schools, you will need to fill out the volunteer or mentor application on-line this year. Information on becoming a volunteer and/or mentor is available online at: http://browardschools.com/getinvolved/application-note
The Volunteer & Mentor Application is online at:
Completing the on-line volunteer application helps Broward County Public Schools find the best volunteer placement for you. If you are under the age of 18, you are required to have your parent/guardian complete the Permission to Perform Background Check form prior to completing this application. Contact your school's Student Volunteer Coordinator for further directions. Please note that the highest levels of encryption are protecting your personal information. Student and staff safety is a priority for Broward County Public Schools. Your application as a volunteer/mentor cannot be processed unless all the requested information is provided and you authorize Broward County Public Schools to conduct a criminal background check. If you have nay questions about this information, please contact our volunteer coordinator at 754-323-6850.
Panther Run Elementary Volunteer Handbook
Volunteer At Outside of School Hours Form