Summer Cheerleading Tryouts will be held on Monday, June 11th at 6:00pm, Thursday, June 14th at 6:00pm with Final Tryout Day of Saturday, June 16th at 8:30am, make sure to check out the breakdown of tryout information.
Deerfield Beach High School will hold cheerleading tryouts for the 2018-2019 school year for all DBHS students new to the school including any 8th-11th grade. In order to participate and be present for tryouts, you must meet the following requirements:
– Currently have a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher (as of the previous semester).
– Good classroom conduct.
– Cleared all athletic (especially cheerleading) OBLIGATIONS to the school.
– A non-refundable $200 deposit for cheerleading fees paid on Deerfield’s estore by Friday, June 29th.
Potential cheerleaders will be evaluated on the tryout date ONLY. They will perform the learned material in front of a panel of judges on the tryout day. Cheerleaders will be selected based on the following criteria:
– Any tumbling ability (standing and running tumbling)
– Stunting ability
– Motions (a cheer and a dance will be taught)
– Toe Touch Jump (mandatory for females only)
– Ability to lead and engage a crowd (do not underestimate the importance of this)
– Grade Point Average
– Teacher/Administrator Evaluation Form
What to wear:
DBHS’ school colors are scarlet (red) and gold. These are the color shorts recommended to students on the Tryout Information Sheet to wear on tryout day. Former cheerleaders from any squad or team, do NOT wear any pieces of clothing that identify the former squad.
See Coach Bailey in the Guidance Office for more information.