PINES LAKES ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
SEVERE WEATHER DISMISSAL PLAN
In cases of SEVERE weather at dismissal time, such as heavy downpours, flooding and/or lightning the administration may decide it safer to conduct a “Severe Weather Dismissal”.
When such a dismissal is necessary, walkers/bikers/car riders will not be released from campus without an adult present and instead the following procedures are activated:
- An automated parent link message is sent via phone and email. Be sure the office has a good contact number on file for you.
2. Bus Riders and Aftercare will be dismissed, although their dismissal time may be delayed.
3. Walkers and Bikers will not be released without parents present to pick up from school.
- East Walkers & Bikers can be picked up from the second hallway exit door on the east side of the main building. Parents are asked to come to this door and be patient as we call their child’s name.
- West Walkers & Bikers can be picked up from the second hallway exit door on the west side of the main building. Parents are asked to come to this door and be patient as we call their child’s name.
4. All Car Riders will be kept inside the building and called for as their car pulls up & their name is announced. Parents must wait in their cars. It’s important that parents display their child’s car nametag on the right hand side so we can easily read names.
5. Older siblings should report to the dismissal location for the youngest sibling.
6. Safety patrols will not report to their duty on these days.
Thank you in advance for your patience during severe weather and for helping with our students’ safety!