The Early Learning and Language Department focuses on linking the internal and external early childhood community to build school readiness throughout Broward. The team provides direct support and services to community early childhood providers and provides support to elementary schools in building relationships and reciprocal support structures with their feeder early childhood community. The emphasis on school readiness includes targets for ready children, ready families, and ready schools.
- Supports high-quality care and education in community early childhood centers
- Enhances the knowledge and skills of teachers and directors within the early childhood community
- Provides family engagement opportunities and support services consistent with the Center for Social Policy, Strengthening Families Approach, to children and families throughout Broward County.
- Supports curriculum, professional learning, and implementation of the United Way Reading Pals Program
- Coordinates the Florida Kindergarten Readiness Screener (FLKRS) Assessment
- Provides “Transition to Kindergarten” resources and supports to elementary schools and the early childhood community
- Coordinates district-wide initiatives supporting internal and external early childhood education