Young Scholar Academy
Our mission is to recognize, nurture, and support gifted young people and to provide opportunities for them to develop their talents and skills to make a positive difference.
Pompano Beach High School will host a two-week; four-day per week summer camp for gifted students entering grades three through eight. This program is designed to challenge the intellectual and creative abilities of each participant.
Unique curriculum will offer academically talented students an exciting educational experience from exceptional educators who are experts in their content area and passionate about sharing their love of learning.
High school student mentors providing individual attention in a safe fun environment will assist each teacher.
Your child must meet the following criteria:
- Has been identified as a gifted student with a current Educational Plan (EP).
- A recommendation from current teacher or school counselor stating the student is in the top 1% of their grade at their current school.
- Send completed application to Pompano Beach High School by February 27th, 2020.
- Give current teacher or ESE specialist the recommendation form for completion.
- Parents will be notified by March 25, 2020 of selected campers and those on the waiting list.
- Payment will be due in full before April 13, 2020.
- After April 13, 2020 all unpaid seats will be given to students on the waiting list.
There are no upcoming events to display.