The Broward County Public School district is a nationally recognized leader in the quality and diversity of education we offer students. Magnet Programs offer educational choices in Broward County Public Schools. While similar courses and programs may be available in comprehensive schools, Magnet Programs attract students by offering unique opportunities for in-depth experiences and study in specific areas of interest. Each Magnet Program emphasizes a specialized theme. Our goal is to create educational interests, celebrate cultural and ethnic diversity, and foster student achievement.
- Expand educational choices for students
- Promote diversity within our schools
- Set high expectations for all students to improve student achievement
- Prepare students for further education and the world of work
- Develop positive school climates with academic emphasis
- Provide real-life and hands-on experiences
- Offer mentorship and internship opportunities
Go to the District's Magnet Program Website to learn more!
All students at Plantation Elementary are part of our STEM Museum Magnet Program. Students whose home school is Plantation Elementary do not have to apply for the STEM program. Students living outside of Plantation Elementary's boundaries need to apply for the STEM program through an application process. Applications for the STEM program can be found online at www.browardschools.com/schoolchoice.
The application window is currently open and will remain open until February 7. Parents will be notified mid-March of their acceptance to the STEM program. You may still apply after the February 7 deadline, however, application received after February 7 will not be notified of acceptance until July.