School's Dress Code
Our School Dress Code
Flamingo Elementary has a Unified Dress Code. Uniform attire may be purchased at any retailer, but must adhere to the dress code policy.
Uniform shirt colors: red, black, white, royal blue (polo shirt)
Uniform bottom colors: khaki, black, navy blue (shorts, pants, skirt, skort)
No denim fabric or jeans are allowed.
Benefits of a Uniform Policy
Research suggests that school uniforms
- Improve discipline, self-esteem and self-respect.
- Focus the student towards learning.
- Eliminate the fear of whether their clothing choice will be acceptable by peers.
- Strengthens school pride.
- Identify student population from strangers on school grounds.
- Cost effective.
All children should start wearing their school uniform on the very first day of school this August. Please call us at school if you have any questions or concerns.
A Parent or Guardian may request by mail, or in person, an application for an exemption from the uniform program. Exemption waivers must be completed by the 10th day of the student's enrollment.