Silver Lakes Middle 2019-2020
General Information and Safe Plan Guidelines
- Student supervision is provided on campus from 8:30 am – 4:15 pm.
- There is NO STUDENT SUPERVISION before or after these designated times.
- All students MUST be picked up by 4:15 pm daily.
- Silver Lakes Middle School offers a free AFTERCARE program through OIC of South Florida. To register, please attend the orientation, the open house or come into the parent center for information and registration packets.
- Students cannot enter the campus until 8:30 am. Drop off is via the west car loop.
- After Care is provided by OIC of South Florida from 4:00 – 6:15pm. Parents MUST be ON TIME to pick up students from the After Care program. Pick up will be in the front car loop beginning at 6:00pm. Rule infractions will result in dismissal from the aftercare program.
- Only students participating in pre-approved, adult-supervised activities and sports will be allowed to come to school early and/or stay after school for scheduled events/ practices /meetings / games.
Proper Identification/Uniforms /ID Badges/Single Point Entry:
- All visitors to the campus MUST have a government ID to gain access and to sign out a student.
- Per District policy: All students, staff and visitors MUST wear and display their assigned ID Badge while on campus. Replacement IDs for students are $2.00 and lanyards are $1.00.
- With the new security checkpoint system at the gates and in our parent center/single point entry, extended time will be necessary to process all requests. We appreciate your patience.
- We are a uniform school and all students are expected to adhere to the uniform policy.
Student Arrival and Dismissal:
- Student arrival begins at 8:30 am. Breakfast is available in the cafeteria FREE to all students daily.
- Bus Riders will drop off and dismiss on the NORTH SIDE of the school off Tam O'Shanter blvd. (front of the school).
- Parent Drop Off and Pick Up will take place in the west car loop (West side of School) off Hampton Blvd.
- Silver Lakes has two bike racks on the East and West side of the school for student use.
Student Late and Early Dismissal / Access to the School During the Day:
- All perimeter gates will be LOCKED for entry beginning at 9:30am. If your student is late, please call 754-322-4601 to gain access to the school for drop off.
- You will be asked to present a government ID to gain access to the campus and you will need that ID once again in the single point entry office.
- The front perimeter gate to Tam O’Shanter (Car Loop) will be open beginning at 2:30pm for any early sign out / dismissal students.
- Once again, IDs will be required. Students cannot be signed out after 3:15 pm.
- Any parent needing to gain access to the school between 9:30 am and 2:30 pm must call the single point entry office at 754-322-4601 to gain access. Please be prepared for an extended time to enter school. We appreciate your patience as we send someone to the gate to allow entry.
- Once again, IDs will be required.
Thank you…… The Silver Lakes Middle School Administrative Team.