To report an excused absence, please include the following information:
- Child’s First and Last name:
- Child’s ID number or Date of Birth:
- Grade Level:
- Date of Absence:
- Reason for Absence:
- Name of Parent Rerporting Absence:
- Phone Number of Parent:
Email: email@example.com (Please include all of the information listed above)
Note: Delivered to staff at the front office
Parents are expected to report absences within 2 days of the absence. If requested by the school, the parent must provide documentation of an illness from a physician or public health unit.
Students must be in school unless the absence has been permitted or excused for one of the reasons listed below:
- Illness of student.
- Illness of an immediate family member.
- Death in the family.
- Religious holiday.
- Required court appearance or subpoena.
- Special event. Examples of special events include important public functions, educational enrichment activities, conferences, state/national competitions, college/university tour/visit, and exceptional cases of family need. A school administrator will use professional judgement to determine application of “special event” as an excused absence and indicate the specific number of days granted.
- Scheduled medical or dental appointment.
- Student has a communicable disease.
Students on field trips, attending alternative to suspension programs, or in internal suspension programs are not considered absent.
For more information about attendance, policies, or procedures, visit the Attendance page on the District website.