Good afternoon, Bobcats. I want to share some exciting Bobcat news and keep our community aware of the amazing things our Bobcats do every day.
Our Bobcat teachers and staff continue to do an amazing job welcoming our Bobcats back to campus. They exemplify a culture of caring by creating amazing activities in the classroom to meet the needs of their face-to-face students and remote learners. Every morning students are greeted with a, “Good morning, welcome to West Broward”!! Music is playing in the courtyard and all students are welcomed with open arms.
Please know that at anytime remote e-learners can return to face-to-face learning. We respectfully ask that you call West Broward first so we can make the appropriate transition.
Activities are permitted back on campus, please contact your sponsor for more details.
Please join us for the WBH Music Ensemble Drive-In Paradise show at Pines Charter! There will be two shows on Friday, 1/29/2021, @ 6PM and 7:15PM. Tickets may only be pre-purchased online via PayPal for $6 or Zelle for $5. Ticket sales end January 28. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
National Honor Society news: School-wide tutoring takes place Monday thru Thursday from 3-4PM via Microsoft Teams. Members will utilize the breakout rooms for all subjects.
- Gearing up for applications to accept new members.
- November and December NHS members worked with Harvest Drive to make over 100 gallon size bags with travel size toiletries.
- NHS is currently working with "Her" (a group that supplies items to women's shelters) in collecting female items.
- NHS also had a district winner for the Choose Peace Week poster contest for the United Way. Great job Bobcats!!
National Spanish Honor Society:
- Currently holding a drive to assist the orphan children at Children's Harbor House (see attached flyer) it has been extended to 1/29.
- Members participate in the Weekly Tutoring program along with the National Honor Society
a. Prepare Valentine's Day Cards with our Special Bobcats (ESLS students) a tradition we have held for many years
- Celebrations of appreciation for:
a. Guidance Counselor Week.
b. World Languages Week
c. Secretary's Day
d. Administrator's Day
- Continued support for our ELL students offering tutoring sessions uniquely to meet their needs.
After careful consideration of our actors and techs’ safety, WBHS Drama is proud to announce our new spring 2021 musicals:
- Musical Theater 1: “Fame JR.” and
- Musical Theater 2-3: “Into the Woods JR.”
Our Bobcat Competitive Cheerleading team won Second Place at the Florida State Championship this past weekend!! We could not be more proud of our Cheer Squad and their Coaches! Well done, Bobcats!!
West Broward Wrestling won three matches last week, and are looking forward to continuing their success as the season continues. What a great group of athletes!! Go Bobcats!!
Congratulations to the Girls Soccer team on continuing their winning ways. This year they only have one loss on the season. Keep up the great work Bobcats!!
The Boys and Girls Basketball teams have been working hard to make a place for themselves in the circuit! We are proud of their dedication and passion for the game and their teammates! Keep up the hustle!
And in looking forward for both these sports, good luck to the Boys and Girls Soccer and the Boys and Girls Basketball teams as they head into the District Championships!!
Good luck to Bobcat Swim Team as they begin their season today! Who says Bobcats can't swim!! Enjoy every minute of the season ahead!
WBH is excited to welcome our Bobcats 3653 back on campus. This week they informed the whole team about their plans for the robotics season and got our students set up to program collaboratively! Great job, Bobcats!!
Congratulations to our Speech and Debate place winners at the Cavalier Invitational. Alex Steel placed third in Dramatic Interpretation and Angelina Campos was a semi finalist in Dramatic Interpretation. Great job!!
Bobcat yearbook updates. Last day for seniors to get their picture taken at Fox-Mar for the yearbook is 1/30/2021. The last day to purchase a dedication to celebrate a Senior is 1/311/2021. Thank you!
Great job, Mrs. Hartzell and Mrs. Longhi, as BRACE Advisors guiding our students to scholarship and college visit opportunities. Please visit West Broward BRACE on our school website and on Twitter @WBHBRACE.
- Two-week Historical Black Colleges & Universities Event starting January 19-28. @2021Wbhs @Wbhs2022. See the flyer below for information! #freeevent
West Broward High would like to remind all students who come to campus that we appreciated their adherence to the guidelines that must be followed for safety, including the wearing of face masks, following the student walking patterns, and wearing of their school IDs. Please continue to visit our school's website for up-to-date information and events. We are in this together! Have a great week, and Go Bobcats!
Greetings Bobcats. This is Mr. Fatout with my weekly message. On behalf of our Bobcat Staff I want to wish you and yours a safe and happy Season's Greetings!!
As we end the First Semester, we are thankful for an amazing Bobcat Community. We know we are blessed, as educators, to have such an amazing community of families. You are supportive of your children and are there alongside our amazing Bobcat Staff. I truly mean it when I say we are in this together, and together we will get through this.
I encourage you to continue to communicate with our Bobcat staff. Remember, Semester grades are not due until January 8, 2021. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s teacher, administrator, and/or school counselor for assistance.
Below are just a couple of our Bobcat's accomplishments over the past few weeks. I am extremely proud of our Bobcats and the programs/activities they represent.
Congratulations to our Bobcat Speech and Debate program. Our Bobcats are ranked #4 in the State of Florida and # 71 in the United States!! Amazing leadership from Mrs. Harrison and Mr. Fleischer!! Great job, Bobcats!!
Congratulations to the Vet Assisting Program students who passed their industry certification test with 100% success! Ms. Terribile and Ms. Moral are extremely proud of their students!
Our WBTV Program has been nominated for a National Student Production Award Emmy given by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences NATAS), in the Magazine Show category for an Emmy! Well done, Mr. Rivera and Ms. Tesser for their outstanding leadership and to their students who are dedicated to ensuring their program stays world class!
Athletic Achievements over the last couple weeks include:
- Bowling placed 4th in County Districts and 10th in Tri-County Championships!
- Tri-County Cross Country Championship: Boys finished 5th out of 13 teams and 2nd Place Team for BCP Schools!
- Varsity Football beat Piper High Bengals last week at 13-0!!
Our Athletics Program is strong in both leadership and student dedication! Thank you to our Bobcats who are getting the job done, both in and out of the classroom.
Hello Bobcat Family, this is Mr. Fatout with my weekly message. I hope this message finds you and your family well. As we prepare for the much anticipated break, I wanted to wish all of our families a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
My family and I are truly Blessed and Thankful to be a part of the Bobcat family. Our Bobcat staff and community are genuinely the best staff and community in Broward County.
WBH would also like to take a moment to reflect on the celebration of Veteran's Day last week. It was not over-looked, nor under appreciated, even through the distraction the campus faced with the storm. We, as a community, are appreciative every day for the dedication and passion made by our armed services, both past and present. Thank you, especially to our Veterans, for your sacrifices and honor. We appreciate you.
As we remain strong through the pandemic we have to be even stronger to get through the flood that damaged our campus. As you know West Broward High was flooded during Tropical Storm ETA. Our campus experienced extensive damage and we were forced back into 100% remote e-learning. I am proud that Superintendent Runcie, School Board Member Mrs. Good, Dr. Wanza, and District staff walked our campus and provided the appropriate District vendors and support to facilitate a process for an efficient and quick rebuild. Together we are Bobcat strong and will work through this to the best of our ability.
As we transition into the break, I want to remind parents and students to please analyze your Pinnacle grades. It is extremely important to remain active on Teams, interact with your teacher, and complete all of your online assignments. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your teachers, school counselors, or grade level administrator for assistance.
Friendly reminder midterm exam exemptions have been shared on our school website. The link for the midterm e-form is Midterm Exam Exemption Waiver.
Students were also sent notice of Midterm Exam Waiver through a Global Announcement in Canvas. Students may only complete ONE Waiver and submit it ONE time. Students are encouraged to make their choices carefully. The deadline for the waivers to be completed and submitted is Friday, December 4, 2020 at 11:59PM.
Congratulations to our Debate Bobcats!! Great job and thank you for your leadership Mrs. Harrison and Mr. Fleischer!!
Congratulations to JV Bobcat Volleyball Team on a victory over Cypress Bay!! Great job!! Go Bobcats!!
The Difference Makers Club created a unique video for World Kindness Day. Please visit our Twitter page to watch the video. I love everything about our West Broward Difference Makers!!! Great job representing on World Kindness Day!!
A fantastic job by our BOTCAT leadership presenting on the basics of CAD, programming, electronics & pneumatics! Now everyone can spend some time deep-diving into what they are passionate about and practicing before the season kicks off!
Congratulations Anthony Hershey on your Bowling Senior Night celebration. Great job Bobcat Bowlers!!
🐾🚨Senior Commitment 🚨🐾Congratulations to Juan Pablo Correa, C/O 2021, on his commitment to Stetson University! WB Bobcats Baseball wishes you the best!
🐾🚨 Senior Commitment 🚨🐾Congratulations to Bryce Courson, C/O 2021, on his commitment to Hillsboro Community College! ⚾️🦅 Your WB Bobcats Baseball family wishes you the best!
Students and Families, please remember that signing in and staying online with your teachers through Teams is essential to accurate attendance being taken every day, every period! For those students who struggled through the first quarter, remember, the grade that goes onto the transcript is an average of the first quarter, second quarter, and midterm exam! The most important goal you can make is to not get two 'F's in the same semester! You can visit the grade calculator website to set your own academic goals and work to achieve the transcript grades you desire for yourself at Unofficial Grade Calculator.
Wishing all of our Bobcat Family and Community and happy and healthy Thanksgiving Break! Be well and Go Bobcats!
*11/20/20 lat day before holiday break.
*11/30/2020 return to e-learning classes (campus status TBD).
Good morning Bobcats, this is Mr. Fatout with my weekly principal's message. This week will be a little different regarding the school schedule. Due to staff and students returning to e-learning on campus the District has adjusted the school schedule. Please follow the dates and times below for school to begin and end.
- Tuesday, October 13th, 7:40AM-2:40PM (9th Grade only return to campus) Regular School Day
- Wednesday, October 14th, 7:40AM-12:40PM (9th Grade return to campus with confirmation email) Early Release Day
- Thursday, October 15th, 7:40AM-2:40PM (10th-12th Grade return to campus with confirmation email) Regular School Day
- Friday, October 16th, 7:40AM-12:40PM (10th-12th Grade return to campus with confirmation email) Early Release Day
Monday, October 19th - No School, Employee Planning, First Quarter grades closed
Tuesday, October 20th - Start of 2nd Quarter Regular School Day
Below are some friendly reminders for students that chose to return to school for e-learning:
- If a classroom’s maximum occupancy is already met, or if the assigned instructor is on leave, your child will be redirected to an overflow room to continue with their e-learning from their laptop.
- Students must bring their own mask, and are recommended to bring an extra mask; both of which must cover their nose and mouth to enter the campus. Students must continue to wear their mask throughout the day, except for when they are eating breakfast or lunch.
- Students must bring their own devices and chargers to support their e-learning. No materials or supplies, including chargers, will be provided to students.
- Students are recommended to bring their own headphones/earpods to use with their computer during elearning.
- Students should bring their own filled water bottle(s). Water fountains will not be permitted to be used.
- Students will be rotating from class to class, following their class schedule on the A/B day calendar.
- Student traffic on campus will have a common flow to follow between classes. All hallways and buildings have been marked with traffic flow patterns. Students are reminded that all directional arrows are to be followed at class exchange between periods, to maintain social distancing and safety.
- Students are reminded to bring their school ID for entry into campus, along with their "confirmation email". Students may use their ID from their previous school year. Students without a school ID will be scheduled for the opportunity to get one when they return to school.
- Students will not be permitted to roam the campus in the morning or at lunchtime. Areas have been designated for students to wait for the opening bell to ring for them to go to class. The same plans have been made for breakfast and lunch times, where students will be socially distanced in designated areas.
- As of Monday, October 12: Fall Athletics continues voluntary practices for athletes. Fall sports include football, bowling, cross country, cheerleading, and girls volleyball. Student athletes must have their paperwork submitted to their coach(es). If your student is interested, please visit our Athletics page on our school's website and contact the respective coach or Athletic Director, Coach Darr. Once students complete their paperwork, they will follow a health screening each day they enter campus to participate in practice after school.
- Friday, October 23, 2020 is the deadline for the National English Honor Society applications. Applications are available from English teachers for students in Grades 10, 11, and 12. Students should make sure to include with their application, a screenshot of their Virtual Counselor GPA verification with their name showing, and the names of 2 teachers who have agreed to provide recommendations. One of the recommendations must come from last year's English teacher. Email Mrs. Rivero if you have any questions. Next National English Honor Society Meeting for current members only is Thursday, October 22, at 3PM through TEAMS. See the NEHS Teams Tile for the link.
- Food and Nutrition Services: Free Grab-and-Go meals will be available at our school in the parent/car loop every Tuesday and Thursday from 9-10AM for all children 18 years and younger who are not participating in face-to-face learning. Every school will now have their own meal service time; call 211 for more locations and times. Children or their parents can drive or walk up to receive meal bundles that contain multiple days-worth of meals. Parents must bring identification for their child, such as a student ID or report card, to pick up meals if the child is not present. Our Food and Nutrition Services staff are so excited to serve nutritious meals to make sure that every child can power up! We look forward to seeing you at the next distribution!
We are working diligently to keep our school's website up-to-date with the most current information. Please visit it frequently at browardschools.com/westbroward, including the Archive of Principal's Messages at https://www.browardschools.com/domain/16751.
West Broward High would like to remind all of our Bobcat Community that we are working together to make the reopening experience smooth and efficient. Please continue to communicate with your teachers through Canvas and Teams. Have a happy and healthy week. Go Bobcats!