Update as May 23, 2020
ACADEMICS UNDER COVID-19: Learning Never Closes in Broward County Public Schools
- Survey Results on Distance Learning & Wellness: Students, Parent/CareGivers, Staff (2020-05-21)
- BCPS Summer Programs will be done remotely using distance learning tools (2020-05-18)
- Guidance on Final Grades for Grade 10 ELA (2020-05-13)
- Guidance on Secondary Courses with End-of-Course and Final Exams (2020-05-13)
- Last Day for Seniors is May 26 (2020-05-13)
- Support for teachers during distance learning (2020-05-11)
- BCPS ALERT on Interim Reports and other topics (2020-05-01)
- Memo on Algebra 1, EOC, Final Grades, and Algebra Graduation Requirement (2020-04-25)
- Guidance on Interim Reports, 4th Quarter Grades, Final Grades, Promotion/Retention (2020-04-25)
- Elementary Guidance on Grading with Canvas and Pinnacle (2020-04-22)
- Secondary Guidance on Grading with Canvas and Pinnacle (2020-04-23)
- Update on Engagement as proxy for attendance (2020-04-20)
- Engagement data by day, by school, with filtering capability
- Letter to Teachers (2020-04-06)
- Temporary Distance Learning Plan Letter to Parents (2020-04-06)
- Letter to Teachers (2020-03-30)
- BCPS-BTU MOU on teaching during Distance Learning (2020-03-17)
Broward County Public Schools is ensuring that Learning Never Closes while schools are closed to promote social distancing. Learning in BCPS will begin on March 30, 2020 through the last day of school on June 2, 2020. Students will report to virtual school by going to sso.browardschools.com
Students and families should:
- Go to school every day via the BCPS LaunchPad. An explantion of single sign-on (SSO) is at BCPS Single Sign-On.
- Go to BCPS: Learning Never Closes for a detailed explanation of the trainings and digital resources available.
- Engagement guidance, as a proxy for attendance, is provided here.
- Continue to follow the BCPS Coronavirus site for all updates.
Need a digital device for learning at home? BCPS is loaning laptops to students. More info at BCPS Coronavirus.
Need home internet access? BCPS is partnering with Internet Service Providers to promote access at home and in the community. More info at BCPS Coronavirus.
Other questions relating to learning, teaching, or academics in Broward Schools? email firstname.lastname@example.org