Textbooks, technology, hands-on activities, research, projects, and presentations are part of our flexible curriculum, which is not driven by the textbook but by our desire to engage learners and create an excitement about learning at the highest levels. Enrichment opportunities include field trips, novel study, displays, simulations, investigations, publishing, and more.
Accelerated Reader is a program that extends reading practice by challenging students to take quizzes on books they have read and earn points. The Florida Student Educational Resource (FloridaStudents.org) web site will find resources located from all over the web to support students' learning in language arts, mathematics, science, and civics.
iReady is a computerized program that delivers individualized instruction in English Language Arts and Math — complete with age-appropriate content — for pre-K through high school students. Instantly available reports from i-Ready® Diagnostic detail each student’s abilities and areas of need. The information in these reports provide teachers with an action plan for individual and group instruction as well as the tools to deliver that instruction in any style learning environment.
- There are computer-adaptive assessments that dynamically adjust to each student's skill level.
- The program is geared for all students in grades Pre-K through 8th grade and the content focuses on reading and interdisciplinary studies.
- It is engaging, interactive content in a game-like format that kids love.
- The program differentiates instruction that corresponds to RTI tiers.
- There are measurable results in elevating students to on-grade-level reading.
- Aspirational characters engage students and serve as role models of achievement.