Student Updates 1.15.21
Hello Awesome ATC students,
Welcome to the third quarter and the second half of the school year! The vast majority of you have made the decision to remain at home for eLearning, so there is no change. For the few of you who have made the decision to be on campus, welcome back.
Next week there will be a historical event happening – the inauguration of the first female Vice President of the United States of America. President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris are scheduled to be sworn in on the West front of the U.S. Capitol building on Wednesday, January 20th at noon, followed by an inaugural address. Due to the pandemic, this will be a fully virtual event, so everyone has the opportunity to “be there.” I know this is during your lunch, but maybe tune into this instead of your usual YouTube videos to be a part of history in the making. For those on-campus, I will make sure it is being broadcast on the televisions in the cafeteria.
If you are interested in taking Dual Enrollment courses in the fall, be sure to go to Ms. Guadalupe’s or Ms. Jackson’s counseling page for information. The deadline to request the required ACCUPLACER test is March 19th.
Seniors, If you have not already ordered your cap & gown from Herff Jones, you have until January 30th to do so before the price increase. The catalog can be found at www.hjsenior.com and orders can be placed at www.hjbroward.com.
We have heard from many students who would like to return textbooks, media center books, calculators, and other items such as sports uniforms, that you have had since last year. We are going to start permitting the return of items as follows:
- For those of you on campus for classes, please bring all your items to room 2419. Make sure you have your name on all items.
- For those coming on campus to take any tests, please bring the items you are returning with you. Make sure you have your name on all items as you will leave them in your testing room to be collected. There will be sticky notes, pens, and tape in the rooms if needed. The following are the testing dates that we have so far:
- January 26th – PSAT, grades 10 & 11
- February 23-25 FSA ELA, grade 11
- March 3rd – SAT Day, grade 11
- April 6-7 – FSA ELA Writing, grade 10
- May 18-19 – FSA ELA Reading, grades 9, 10, and 11th who still have not taken it
- May 24-28 – EOC Exams, grades 9, 10, 11
- All students are welcome to drop off your items in room 2419 Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Again, make sure you have your name on all items you are returning.
Would you like to participate in some fun activities? SGA is hoping to have an in-person dance on March 18th if there are enough students. If you are interested in attending, please have a conversation with your parents to ask them if they would permit you to go. If the answer is yes, use the link below to indicate you will be able to attend.
In addition, SGA is also planning for Spirit Week in February. More information will be coming soon.
The Yearbook needs YOU! Because there are very few students on campus, and even fewer activities taking place, the 2021 Yearbook will be very different. We need help from everyone to make this work, so get your cameras ready, take some pictures using the themes below, and click the link to submit!
Here's a photo to get you started. This is me and ATC Class of 2016 graduate (also my son) at Disney celebrating his graduation from UCF!
Have a great 3-day weekend but be sure to remember the spirit of service invoked by Martin Luther King Jr. Make those good choices and do the right thing. Take care of yourselves and one another - wear a mask, watch your distance, and wash your hands.