Coral Springs High School Robotics Club
The mission of the Coral Springs High School Robotics Club is to inspire students to pursue science, technology, engineering and math careers; to engage students in collaboration of designing and building a robot which can carry out certain tasks by remote control and autonomous functionality, and to build their higher-order critical thinking, logic reasoning, problem solving, organizational, and team work skills. The club is open to students with or without engineering and programming experience.
1. President: TBA
2. Vice-President: TBA
3. Secretary: TBA
4. Treasurer: TBA
5. Materials Manager: TBA
Meeting Dates and Location
Bi-weekly Fridays 3:20-4:00 Virtual meeting at:
Club Pertinent Information
Members will be informed of upcoming club meetings, activities, events and deadlines by Remind messages. To sign up for Remind, text @robotcshs to 81010
While no experience is required to join, students must
1. bring interest, curiosity and appreciation of robotics and STEM-related activities,
2. be willing to take risks, fail, and learn new skills.
· Club Requirements
Club membership is maintained by
1. attending a minimum of one full meeting each month;
2. communicating absences in advance by notifying the sponsor, team captain, or secretary with a valid reason such as family or medical emergency, prior commitment, etc.;
3. being productively and fully engaged while present;
Dues will not be collected at this time.
· Traditional Events/Patronages
The club will enter VEX Robotics Competition 2020-21 that requires robots to complete various tasks, such as grabbing, moving and sorting objects.
· Benefits of Membership
By participating in the Robotics club, students get opportunities to:
1. Design, build, and program robots.
2. Apply real world math and science concepts.
3. Develop problem solving, organizational, and team building skills.
4. Compete and cooperate in alliances at tournaments.