Assistant Principal | Chelsie Deese
Textbook appointments are made through this online link. Once the parent/students complete the form, they will receive a call from Deerfield Beach High employee to confirm the date and time of pickup. If students have any questions or concerns, call the school at (754) 322-0650 to schedule an appointment.Tuesdays and ThursdaysHours of Operation: 8:30 am - 3:00pm
BCPS LAPTOP DISTRIBUTIONStudents who are in need of Broward County Public Schools laptop or exchange a laptop from a B.C.P.S. last school year, should call the school at (754) 322-0650 to schedule an appointment.Available time slots are:Monday through FridayHours of Operation: 8:00 am – 3:00pm
TECH SUPPORTCall this number for any and all technical support concerns, including Canvas and Microsoft Teams.Virtual Call CenterMonday through FridayHours of Operation: 8:00 am - 3:00pmPhone Number: 754-322-0738*This is for all technology needs, including laptop requests
● For the 2020/2021 school year, this Boward County Public School Flyer shows the process for students with logins who are newly issued BCPS laptops.
*Laptops received prior to the beginning of this school year will continue to use the old login method.
Student Owned Devices:
● Bring your Own Device Guidelines Memo shows the BYOD Guidelines document allowing students to use their personally owned Wi-Fi- enabled devices to connect to the District’s BYOD Learner Experience network.
Canvas is a Learning Management System designed to simplify teaching and learning by connecting all the digital tools teachers use in one easy place. The Canvas Parent app allows parents to engage in their children’s education by providing access to important class information.
With the Canvas Parent app, parents can
● View the list of courses where their students are enrolled. For each course, parents can see syllabus, assignments (title, due date, and instructions) and events.
● Set alerts to view course announcements and/or receive reminders for a specific assignment or event (sent to mobile devices as push notifications).
● Monitor their child’s performance on Canvas assignments (final grade reported in Pinnacle).
Students are expected to log on daily to canvas for assignments and Microsoft Teams for attendance. Deerfield Beach High’s teachers will record student attendance in each scheduled live teaching class within Teams.
● PRESENT: The student must be present at a Deerfield Beach High classroom during the scheduled live teaching session (P)
● PRESENT REMOTELY: The student must be present through Microsoft Teams during the scheduled live teaching session (H)
● TARDY: Students who are late to their teacher’s scheduled live teaching session will be recorded in Pinnacle as Tardy Unexcused (TU)
● ABSENT: Students who are not present during the live teaching session must be recorded as Absent (AU)
*Parents are expected to report absences with this simplify method click here.
The School Board recognizes the importance of assigning meaningful and quality homework to students. Research indicates that schools in which homework is routinely assigned and assessed tend to have higher achieving students. Learn more about the District's Homework Policy
The following excerpts on Make-Up Work are from the Student Progression Plan – Policy 6000.1. Are from Make-Up Work, page 43.
High School Make-Up Work:
1) Make-up work shall be accepted for full credit and grade for excused and unexcused absences.
2) All make-up work must be submitted within two days upon return to the missed class, not including the day of return, for each day of an absence.
3) When assignments and appropriate instruction are provided prior to the absence, make-up work (including major projects) is due on the day of return to the missed class.
4) Under extenuating circumstances and at teacher’s discretion, additional time may be allowed.
Monitor grades and assignments on Canvas and pinnacle.
To Access through BCPS app or Virtual Counselor:
2. Click to log in as a “Student”
3. Type in:
Student's ID number (i.e. 0600000000)
Birthdate (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY). Forward slashes are necessary
There are several diploma options available for students:
● 24 credit Standard High School Diploma
● ACCEL 18 credit Diploma
Broward County students must meet all of Florida’s High School Graduation necessities through Deerfield’s courses:
Parents and students are encouraged to keep track of progress toward graduation by logging in to Virtual Counselor here and looking at the Graduation Progress section. Parents and students can also make an appointment to meet with their school counselor to discuss the best option for them.
Students should know their requirements and regularly monitor their progress toward earning a diploma. School counselors are available to assist students with planning for college and career readiness. Students can view an up-to-date report on their progress toward meeting graduation requirements on Virtual Counselor.