Welcome student-athletes and parents!!!!
We are excited to begin our sports program for the 2020-2021 school year! Although our return to play may be a little different due to COVID-19, we are committed to making safety our top priority. Students must have a 2.0 GPA (Grade Point Average) to try out for any team. Remember, our motto is “Making sure we get our work done off the field, so we can get ON the field!"
Important: Students are not allowed to try out for any sport unless the Parental Permission & Insurance Form and COVID Release form are turned into Ms. Poitier in room 116 by 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 12, 2021.
Parents, please click link below to download forms. Once you have completed these forms, please email to email@example.com
REQUIRED ATHLETIC FORMS:
Upcoming Practices below:
**All practices will be held from 2:55 pm-4:15 pm
· Tuesday, February 16, 2021: Boys & Girls Basketball Open Gym/Info Meeting
· Monday, February 22, 2021: Cheerleading Tryouts in Auditorium
· Monday, February 22, 2021: Girls Basketball Tryouts in Gym
· Monday, February 22, 2021: Boys Basketball Tryouts on Track
· Tuesday, February 23, 2021: Cheerleading Tryouts in Auditorium
· Tuesday, February 23, 2021: Boys Basketball Tryouts Outdoor Courts
· Wednesday, February 24, 2021: Boys Basketball Tryouts in Gym
· Thursday, February 25, 2021: Boys Basketball Tryouts in Gym
*All other tryout dates will be contingent upon our numbers for each sport.
Parents, if you are picking your child up, please arrive at the school on time. There will be no Activity Bus to transport students after practice.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at tiana.poitier@Browardschools.com. We look forward to seeing your child at tryouts.
Tiana Poitier, Athletic Director
This is Ms. Poitier’s first year at McNicol Middle School and she couldn’t be more excited to be here! Ms. Poitier currently teaches 6th grade Reading and serves as our Athletic Director. Growing up, Ms. Poitier played basketball, softball, volleyball, ran track and was a cheerleader. Sports are a huge part of Ms. Poitier’s family, as her father, Clarence Poitier, Sr. was the first African-American baseball player at the University of Miami. Go Canes!
Ms. Poitier enjoys attending sporting events and is a die-hard Miami Heat and Miami Dolphins fan. Feel free to reach out to Ms. Poitier with any questions about any of sports programs.