Class of 2021 A-Z End of Year GuideAll information below is directly related to all things Seniors as we prepare for the end of your Cypress Bay career.
Please read through everything.
Dates and Time: May 18th and 19th at 6:30 p.m. (Student Only Event)
- May 18th: Last names beginning with A-K
- May 19th: Last names beginning with L-Z
The ceremony will be live streamed for families and parents to watch; the link will be posted on the www.CypressBayHigh.com
All seniors will be receiving an email inviting them and will be asked to fill out a Google doc to confirm their attendance.
The ceremony will include national, state, local and school awards.
AICE Curriculum Requirements
Complete a minimum of 14 AICE credits identified by the Cambridge Assessment International Education (Cambridge International) in the Diploma Core and three academic areas as follows:
- AICE Diploma Core - AICE Global Perspectives & Research AS level (Two Credits required)
- Group 1 - Mathematics and Sciences (Two Credits required)
- Group 2 - Languages (Two Credits required)
- Group 3 - Arts and Humanities (Two Credits required)
- Group 4 - Interdisciplinary Skills (Optional - Four Credits maximum)
- Six additional credits required in any combination from the above four groups.
If a student was not able to complete the required number of hours for a Bright Futures Scholarship due to the pandemic or other conditions, please contact your counselor to complete the special form that will allow a senior to waive these hours. All other requirements for the scholarship must be met.
Deadline to apply: December 1, 2021
Cap and Gown Pick-Up
Location: The Wave (Media Center)
Students MUST come during their assigned window. Students will register for a specific time during their alphabetically assigned time slot.
Graduation tickets (2) will be distributed with Cap & Gown.
Students must bring ID. Mask & social distancing guidelines must be followed.
No Cap/Gown order= No Graduation tickets
The following must be completed BEFORE a student will receive their Cap & Gown & Tickets.
- All graduation requirements met (check Virtual Counselor).
- No obligations. All obligations must be cleared- textbooks, laptop, & equipment returned.
- Senior Survey must be completed.
- Bright Futures application must be completed.
- SBBC Graduation Decorum letter completed.
Thursday, June 3rd
8:00 – 11:00 a.m. Letters (A-D)
11:00 – 2:00 p.m. Letters (E-H)
2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Letters (I-L)
Friday, June 4th
8:00-10:00 a.m. Letters (M-O)
10:00 – 1:00 p.m. Letters (P-S)
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Letters (T-Z)
Seniors are mandated to complete and upload a graduation decorum letter to participate in graduation. We have made the process simple this year by making it assignment in the senior canvas page. If you are a senior, please go to the senior canvas page under assignments to complete the graduation decorum letter.
The assignment is due before you pick up your cap and gown (June 3rd or June 4th)
Students are encouraged to take the EOC in the EOC course in which they are currently enrolled.
The calculation for the 30% final grade will come from one of the calculations outlined below:
If the student earns a minimum grade of a C in the 4th quarter, then the EOC exam grade, which is 30% of the final grade, will be calculated by using the highest letter grade of the four quarters.
If the student does not earn a minimum grade of a C in the 4th quarter, then the EOC exam grade, which is 30% of the final grade, will be calculated by using the higher of the 3rd or 4th quarter letter grade.
If a student takes the EOC and it benefits the student's final grade in the course, the final grade in that course will be adjusted to reflect the higher grade in that course once the EOC scores are received by the district.
EOC scores are expected by July 2021.
Seniors will receive their final grades in EOC courses using the above criteria.
Date and Time: Tuesday, 6/8/2021 at 11:00 A.M.
Mandatory Graduation Meeting: June 2nd (Link and more info to come)
Complete all credits and earn an unweighted GPA of 2.0
All online credits should be completed by May 14, 2021.
All seniors who have not met the test requirements for graduation should continue to take the SAT, ACT or FSA at this time.
Service Hours for graduation have been waived as a graduation requirement (but still needed for Bright Futures)
Contact Marlene Sanders if you have any questions.
Visit cypressbayseniors.com and submit up to 10 school-appropriate pictures we may use in our graduation slideshow at your graduation ceremony.
Service Learning Requirement Update
Due to Covid-19 restrictions and other intervening factors, Broward County Public Schools has waived the 40 Service-Learning hours required for high school graduation for the 2020/2021 school year. It is important to note that this waiver is only for the minimum basic graduation requirement, the waiver does not affect service-learning hour requirements for silver cords, Bright Future Scholarships, Cambridge diplomas and other distinctions and scholarships.
Starting May 10th and continuing the entire month you may return your device to Cypress Bay High School between the hours of 10am to 2pm.
Last day to turn in laptop: June 4th, 2021
Mandatory Senior Survey
Once you are certain of your college decision or post-high school plans, please sign into Clever, and click on the Naviance icon. On the landing page in Naviance, under "Important To Dos and Tasks" you will see the 2020-21 Broward Graduation Survey. You must complete this Survey in order to graduate.
Please pay particular attention to these questions:
- #4 is asking you what type of college you will be attending. Even if you are attending a state college like Broward, Santa Fe, Valencia, or TCC you will choose the option "4-year Florida college or university."
- #8 is a partial or complete list of the colleges you applied to. The most important thing is to be sure to list the college you will actually be ATTENDING. Be sure to click the ATTENDING box for only one school. There is also a "Send Final Transcript" box. The only time you would check this box for more than one school is if you were granted Spring Admission to one school and will be attending another school in the Fall for some initial credits.
- #14 asks you to again list the name of the ONE college you will be attending directly after high school.
You are also given the opportunity in this survey to list other options for life after high school such as the military, the work force, a technical college, a gap year.
Contact Shari Bush if you have any questions.
You must use Naviance for all electronic transcripts
There is no “CA” (common app) for final transcripts, in Naviance you must select “Directly to the Institute”.
If college shows a postage stamp you will need to request a printed transcript and mail your transcript to that college.
You will be notified via your email in Naviance if we can’t send an electronic transcript and you will need to purchase a printed transcript and mail it to the college. (Please make sure your correct email address is in Naviance.)
Sunday, June 6 @ 1:30pm
Students are welcome to decorate their cars and dress in their cap and gown if they prefer.
Senior Exam Exemptions
Seniors - The exam exemption form will open on May 14th at 6am and end on May 18th at 6pm. Please view our exam exemption page for more information.
Senior Meeting (May 4th)
Location: DECA Hallway
Tuesday, May 25th
- Last Name: A-F
Wednesday, May 26th
- Last Name: G-O
Thursday, May 27th
- Last Name: P-Z
**Starting 5/4/21 all transcript requests will be held for the final transcript. If you need a mid-term transcript sent please email Carol Tuller with your student number and college information**
- You must use Naviance for all electronic transcripts
- There is no "CA" (common app) for final transcripts, in Naviance you must select "Directly to the institute".
- If college shows a postage stamp you will need to request a printed transcript and mail your transcript to that college.
- You will be notified via your email in Naviance if we can't send an electronic transcript and you will need to purchase a printed transcript and mail it to the college. Please make sure your correct email address is in Naviance.
- The Senior website will have an online form "Senior Transcript Online Request" for requesting a printed transcript.
- *This is a must for some out of state colleges
- *If you think you will need a printed copy you must order NOW - school is closed over the summer
- *Complete the online form and pay using a credit card on our online store look for Senior Final Transcript Payment, $2 per copy ***DON'T FORGET TO SUBMIT THE ONLINE FORM***
- *Only requests with payment will be printed.
- Check the senior wbesite in June for the date and time to pickup
****IMPORTANT - SCHOOL IS CLOSED OVER THE SUMMER***
The Senior website (www.cypressbayseniors.com) will have an online form “Senior Transcript Online Request” for requesting a printed transcript (this is a must for some out of state colleges).
If you need a printed copy, you must order NOW – school is closed over the summer.
Complete the online form and pay using a credit card at cypressbayhigh.com. Click on the “$” and then choose “Senior Final Transcript Payment”, $2 per copy. *** DON’T FORGET TO SUBMIT THE ONLINE FORM ***
(only the requests with payment will be printed)
Check the Senior website in June for the date and time of PICK UP.
- Broward College -- https://www.credentials-inc.com/tplus/?ALUMTRO001500
- AICE Cambridge Transcript -- https://gradetranscripts.cambridgeinternational.org/ (For those of you who are earning the Cambridge Diploma, Cambridge will communicate with Bright Futures in August when scores are released.)
- AP Score Report -- https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/sending-scores
Starting 5/4/21 all transcript request will be held for the final transcript. If you need a mid-term transcript sent please email Carol Tuller with your student number and college information **
- AP/AICE Questions: Adrienne Maisel
- Athletics: Scott Selvidge
- Bright Futures:Marlene Sanders
- Exams and Exemptions: Nori Suarez
- Graduation: Jeffrey Wasserman
- Naviance or Transcripts: Shari Bush or Marlene Sanders
- Senior Events: Tori Warenik or Melissa Boorom
- Yearbook: Ashley Poitras
- Senior Transcripts: Carol Tuller