You can find magic
wherever you look.
Sit back and relax
all you need is a book.
Media Center Procedures
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
- Grades 1-5: Two (2) books may be checked out at a time. Pre-K and Kindergarten: One (1) book may be checked out at a time.
- Use whisper voices.
Care of Books
- Read with clean hands.
- Keep books away from younger siblings, food, drink and pets.
- Bookmarks should be used instead of folding pages, using pencils to mark pages or placing open books face down.
The media center uses an automated catalog system called Destiny, which can be accessed from any computer in the school and from home. Students can search through our entire inventory to see if a specific book is in our library and if that book is currently available.
The catalog menu appears and from here you can search for any book by title, author, or subject. You can even use a keyword and/or search by series.
CLICK HERE to access the Destiny System.
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest in maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- assist with book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Clerk. Before volunteering, you must complete the on-line application at BCPS Volunteer Services. We look forward to hearing from you!
Academic Online Resources
GALE Cengage Learning (Your teacher can provide login information)
Britannica School (Your teacher can provide login information)
ProQuest (Your teacher can provide login information)
TeachingBooks.Net (Your teacher can provide login information)
Hoonuit/Atomic Learning (sign in through SSO)
TumbleBookCloud formerly TumbleReadables (Your teacher can provide login information)
TumbleBooks (Your teacher can provide login information)