Report an Absence
Attendance Protocols 5.5
- All students' absences must align with the eight (8) reasons allowed for absences, as outlined in the Attendance Policy and in the Code of Student Conduct.
- Parents must state reason (from approved list) for absence when they call in or write a note to report a student's absence.
- Absences can only be excused if they correspond with one of the eight (8) allowed reasons.
Calling in an Absence
Absences must be reported via the attendance line at 754-322-0352 or written note. The report must come from a parent and give the date(s) of the absence and the reason for it. Parents MUST report these absences within two days following the absences. A note can be sent either the day before or not later than the second day after the absence. Please fell free to email the front office (data processor) your child's absence. When calling, you must provide the following information:
- Parent's Name
- Student's Name
- Student's Identification Number
- Reason for Absence
- Date(s) of Absence
- Parent(s) and /or Guardian(s) must call the absence in within a 48 hour period from the absence.
For a Permitted Absence and/or an extended absence, you must arrange it with the Attendance Office at least 5 days in advance.
A parent, guardian, or designated person on the emergency card must come in to the Attendance Office to sign the student out. If the person is not listed on the emergency card, they will not be permitted to sign the student out. The sign in/sign out will be excused depending on the reason. A student can not be signed out by way of a phone call from the parent, guardian or the designated person. Students who leave campus without signing out will be considered unexcused.
Parents coming in to sign out students during a lunch period are not permitted to enter the cafeteria and must wait until their child's lunch period ends to sign the child out of school