Ms. Sebrina Marshall
Student Mission Statement
- To promote the learning of mathematics by all students through curriculum that is coherent and comprehensive. Endeavour’s instructional program will enable all students to understand and use mathematics in an increasingly technological world.
- To develop future mathematics leaders by supporting teachers of mathematics in the areas of curriculum, assessment, and instruction and by fostering an environment of collaboration, reflection, and professional growth.
The Endeavour Primary Learning Center Math Department's curriculum is based upon the Florida State Standards.
Components of Math
The Broward County Elementary Math Department believes that a comprehensive math program includes the following components:
- Problem SolvingOpens a New Window.
- Academic Vocabulary
- Conceptual Development
- Numerical Fluency
EPLC’s Elementary Math Instruction includes:
- Problem Solving- A short portion of the math block (10-15 min) in which students are actively engaged in solving a challenging mathematics problem followed by student facilitated discussions about strategies used to solve the problem.
- Conceptual Development - The portion of the 60 minute math block that is devoted to on grade level instruction of the math curriculum (30-45 min).
- Guided Math - The portion of the math block which focuses on remediating, enriching, and/or accelerating math skills. The teacher provides small group instruction based upon the students' instructional plan, while other students work independently or in groups at workstations designed to support current instruction. 10-15 min)
Resources include but are not limited to:
GoMath- A comprehensive Grade K-6 mathematics program developed to support the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and the NCTM Curriculum Focal Points. The program emphasizes Essential Questions and Big Ideas with depth of understanding as the goal.
Ready- Built for the Common Core, Ready is a proven effective instruction and practice program that has the rigor required to raise student achievement on the Florida Standards Assessment, FSA in Mathematics.
Schoolcity Provides EPLC with meaningful, timely, and easy to read analytic and assessment solutions that inform decisions and increase student achievement.