A student-athlete is a participant in an organized competitive sport sponsored by the educational institution in which he or she is enrolled.
Student-athletes must typically balance the roles of being a full-time student and a full-time athlete. Due to educational institutions being colleges, they offer athletic scholarships in various sports.
Many student-athletes are compensated with scholarships to attend these institutions but these scholarships are not mandatory to be considered a student-athlete.
In the United States, athletic scholarships are largely regulated by either the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), which sets minimum standards for both the individuals awarded the scholarships (in terms of GPAs and standardized test scores) and for the institutions granting them (in terms of the form and value of the scholarships and the proportion of recipients who must ultimately earn degrees).
You must register with NCAA if you want to become a student-athlete. NAIA Guide
Covid 19 Game Procedures
In order to maintain appropriate social distance during the games, the following procedures will be in place:
- Only 50 tickets will be available online starting the Friday before home games. Tickets will not be available online the day of the games. Unsold online tickets will be available at the gate on game day. Each ticket costs $3.
- Once you purchase your online ticket, please do not redeem the ticket until you arrive at the ticket gate.
- Only parents/guardians will be allowed to attend the games.
- We have three sets of bleachers; one on the visitor’s side, and two on the home team’s side. Sitting areas on the bleachers will be clearly marked.
- Only 7 people will be allowed to sit in each set of bleachers.
- Brown folding chairs will be located on each side of the field for spectators. These chairs will be spaced six feet apart, and spectators are required to sit in the chairs.
- If you bring your own chair, please make sure you are sitting at least six feet from anyone else.
- Brown folding chairs will also be placed on the sidelines for the players, who are not on the playing field.