BCPS Launches New Saturday Tutoring Program, Success Saturdays.
Success Saturdays Tutoring targets specific grade levels, which are considered key transition years for students. Tutoring will be available for all students in 3rd and 8th grades and select 11th and 12th grade students.
Third grade students will be tutored in reading and math.
Eighth grade students can receive support in Pre-Algebra/Algebra readiness and 8th Grade Science
For 11th and 12th grade students who are not on track for graduation, tutoring will focus on Algebra 1 and SAT/ACT prep.
Free breakfast and snacks will be served to all students. Limited transportation will be provided for those students who are eligible. Families wanting to learn more, should contact their school.
Success Saturdays Tutoring originally scheduled to begin on November 12, 2022, has been postponed and will now begin on Saturday, December 3.
The sessions will be hosted at 33 District school sites.
Instruction will be offered by certified Broward County Public Schools teachers with small class sizes.
Tutoring session times include:
- Third grade – 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Eighth grade – 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- 11th and 12th grades – 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Sessions take place from December – April, on the following dates:
- December 3, 10 and 17
- January 14, 21 and 28
- February 4, 11, 18 and 25
- March 4 and 11
- April 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29
BCPS Student Volunteer Tutoring
- Student tutors will be notified by Monday October 31, 2022 and will be informed of any necessary pre-work/training to take place.
- Student tutors will receive community service hours for time and planning with the teachers, and delivering tutoring services.
Step 1 - Open Virtual Counselor
From your web browser go to the URL: http://bcps.browardschools.com/VirtualCounselor/
Click on the Student link
Step 2 - Enter Student ID and Password
Enter Student Credentials - Student's 10-digit number and password
Step 3 - Open Student Info Menu
Once logged into Virtual Counselor, parent clicks the Student Info drop-down menu and the options list will appear.
Step 4 - Select Saturday Tutoring Registration
Click on the Saturday Tutoring Registration option
Step 5 - See Session Dates and Times
On the next screen, parents can read the message and then click the Click Here button to make their Success Saturday Tutoring registration selections:
Step 6 - Select School Location and Transportation
The Saturday Tutoring Registration options will be displayed:
1. Click on one of the choices based on the student's grade level.
2. Click Yes or No if transportation is needed.
3. Important: Select Click Here to save selections.
Step 7 - Print Completed Registration
After saving choices made, the page can be printed by right-clicking on the page: