Our Media Specialist: Mrs. Jolene Sessler Trinkowsky
We have almost 15,000 books in our media center!
Attention Students: Please keep track of all of the books that you have read starting with April 1, 2015 through March 31, 2016. You can write the titles on either a piece of paper or use this form. You will turn the paper in to your Language Arts teacher on April 1st, 2016, and they will forward them to me (Ms. Sessler). Award certificates will be given out at the end of the year.
Media Center Proceedures
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for two weeks and may be renewed two times.
- Two books may be checked out at a time.
- Use indoor voices.
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- assist with book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the on-line application at BCPS volunteer webpage. We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest in maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate middle school academic level.