Mission: The staff at Dolphin Bay Elementary is providing a quality education to all students in a secure learning environment with the collaboration of parents and the community.
Vision: All children will achieve excellence in education in a safe, caring environment.
REMINDERS TO HELP MAKE THE SCHOOLS DAY RUN SMOOTHLY:
- Please make sure students arrive to school with all materials and supplies essential to making their day run successfully. Classrooms will not be interrupted to deliver forgotten items/projects/lunches to students.
- Students need to arrive to school by 7:50 AM. This will ensure no students are marked tardy and their day begins smoothly. In order for students to eat free breakfast at school, students need to arrive by 7:45 a.m.
- All absences need to be reported to the automated attendance line, 754-323-8002, daily. Please see the Code of Student Conduct for the full Attendance Policy.
- All students need to be in school uniforms daily—khaki or black bottoms, and teal, purple, gray, black, or white crew or polo shirts with logo. Our uniform provider is In-Unison School Apparel, 954-749-3340, and they are located at 4432 N University Dr, Lauderhill, FL 33319, or visit them on-line at www.inunisonkids.com. Leggings are not permitted.
- Early sign-outs are not permitted in the last half hour of the school day. (1:30 PM on full days and 11:30 AM on Early Release Days)
- If there is a change in the way your child will be going home you must notify your child’s teacher in writing at the start of the school day. No changes will be accepted by phone or in writing the last 30 minutes of the school day. (1:30 PM on full days and 11:30 AM on Early Release Days)
- If you need to sign-out your child any other time during the school day, or handle any school related business i.e., teacher conference, etc. you MUST present a valid form of photo identification, such as your driver’s license. All school visitors will be required to pass a security clearance
- If it is necessary for your child to take medication during the school day, please contact the administrative office for appropriate medical authorization forms.
IMPORTANT SAFETY REMINDERS
- All changes in emergency contact information, addresses, and phone numbers must be provided to the school. •Parents may escort students to class on the first day of school. Thereafter school personnel will be available to assist students to classrooms.
- Students are not permitted inside the building until 7:30 a.m. Please do not drop off your child before 7:30 a.m., as there is no supervision on campus. Student supervision is 30 minutes prior to the start of the school day and 30 minutes after the school day ends.
- Please refrain from using cell phones in the car-pool line.
- Please remain in your cars at all times during arrival and dismissal.
- Students need to walk their bikes on and off campus at all times.
- In the event of an emergency and the school is on lockdown, please know that safety of your child(ren) is our #1 priority, however, it is possible that student’s may not receive lunch during this time.
- All volunteers need to be registered and approved at https://webapp.browardschools.com/sbbc_volunteer/VolunteerForm.aspx prior to volunteering in any classroom, chaperoning for field trips, or assisting in any capacity at the school. This needs to be completed every school year.
- All food contributions for your child or your child’s class for special activities in the classroom or cafeteria must be store-bought.
Communication is essential to build a strong parent/teacher relationship to foster student success. Teachers will schedule conferences with parents to discuss student progress. In the event you require a conference prior to a scheduled time, please call the school to leave the teacher a message or e-mail the teacher directly.
The teacher will get back to you as soon as possible. This will enable the teachers to give you their undivided attention when they speak with you.
Virtual Counselor can be accessed to view your child’s attendance, tardys, district test scores and other information pertaining to your child’s school record. You may log on to Virtual Counselor as follows:
- Log on to www.browardschools.com
- Go to Quick Links/Parent Resources
- Click on Virtual Counselor
- Log on as a “Parent”
- If you are a new user, or don’t know your user ID, follow the prompts.
You are welcome to have lunch with your child on your child’s birthday. If your child’s birthday falls during the summer vacation months, you are welcome to have lunch with your child one day during the month of August or September. Parents are welcome to recognize their child’s scheduled birthday during their lunchtime. We ask, however, that you please provide only store bought doughnuts and/or cookies. Please, no cupcakes due to the mess left at the tables. These items may only be shared during their lunch period. NOTE: Balloons, juice boxes, cakes, pizzas, goodie bags, and birthday candles are not appropriate for a school setting and will not be permitted. It is helpful if parents are present to distribute goodies during the scheduled lunch period. Photographs can only be taken of your student, as many parents have signed “do not photograph” waivers. Thank you for your understanding.
- Questions for the cafeteria manager can be addressed by calling direct to 754-323-8010.
- Prices for full pay student meals are as follows: Breakfast $1.20 Lunch $2.00
- Ice cream day will be every Wednesday for 65¢ and juice bars on Friday for 50¢. Bottled water is also sold daily for 50¢ and Capri Sun juice boxes are available for 75¢.
- Broward County Schools offers a free breakfast program for all students. Please note that breakfast is reserved for students only. In order for students to eat free breakfast at school, students need to arrive by 7:45 a.m.
- Students will not be permitted to have breakfast or lunch double portions unless the cafeteria manager receives a permission note from the parent.
- Food brought in from an outside source, (McDonald’s, Burger King, pizza, etc), is not permitted in the school cafeteria.
- Parents may not deliver lunch to students during the day or at lunchtime. This is disruptive to the learning environment and the everyday operation of school business.
- All cafeteria accounts may be prepaid by either sending in cash or a check made payable to Dolphin Bay Elementary. (Checks cannot be accepted for payment after May 1st).
- Another payment option is to log on at www.browardschools.com, go to Quick Links/Parent Resources and click on School Meals. You can also monitor your child’s account from this website.