Media Center Procedures
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for two weeks and may be renewed two times.
- Kindergarten and first grade are allowed one book. All other grades can check out two books.
- Use whisper voices.
If you love to read and help children, then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas:
- shelving and sorting books
- helping children find books
- assisting with book fairs
- typing certificates
If you are interested, please contact the Media Center. Before volunteering, you must complete the online application at Get Involved. We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use or disposal is based on maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection. Donations should be less than 15 years old and should meet the following criteria:
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or the interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.