North Andrews Gardens Elementary Media Center
Our Vision is to create a student-centered library media program that provides a safe, nurturing environment in which students can successfully seek information and ideas for their educational, informational, and recreational needs.
The mission of our library media program is to help students and staff effectively use ideas and information. This mission is accomplished by:
- nurturing a love of reading and an appreciation of books.
- fostering each child's natural curiosity for knowledge.
- providing intellectual and physical access to a variety of interesting and appropriate materials.
- supporting the school's curriculum and reading initiatives
- providing instruction to foster competence in accessing, evaluating and using print and electronic resources.
- working with teachers to design and implement authentic learning experiences that meet the academic and personal developmental needs of all students.
Media Center Procedures
All students visit the media center weekly with their class to check out books for the week.
Students, please remember to wear your NAGE ID tag to Media. It makes check out go much more smoothly, especially with our double classes!
We love our books; please take good care of them while they are checked out to you and return your books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
K-1 may check out one book at a time
2 may check out two books at a time
3-5 may check out three books at a time
The Media Center is open each school day from 8:00 – 8:30 AM. Students are welcome to return and check out books during this time.
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- assist with book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, complete the on-line volunteer application at /get-involved
We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. The donation should meet the following criteria for addition to the collection:
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.