Meet the Media Specialist
Our media specialist is Ms. McIntyre
Media Center Procedures
- Books are checked out for 1 week
- 1st grade: 1 book, 2nd-5th grade 2 books, 6th-8th grade 3 books
- Return books on time. Make sure you return your books in the condition in which you checked them out.
- Students will be fined for LOST or DAMAGED books.
- Use inside voices, work responsibly and respect all media/technology materials, follow all media and technology expectations
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- assist with book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the on-line application at GET INVOLVED. We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest in maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.
All materials MUST be checked out of the media center. All materials may be searched using Follett Destiny Quest.
Students: Students may borrow all Fiction/Nonfiction books excluding Professional Collection materials and Periodicals. Reference and Periodicals are limited to in-school use only. Circulation period is for one week with the exception of school projects. Renewals are permitted on materials that are not on reserve. Kindergarten students will learn and apply various valuable library skills during the first half of the school year and will begin to apply the checkout process in the second half of the school year. For students in 1st grade, 1 book is permitted to check out. For students in 2nd grade, 2 books are permitted to check out. Students in 3rd-5th grade are permitted to check out 2 books. Students in 6th-8th grade will be permitted to check out 3 books. Students are expected to pay for damaged or lost books per Broward County Schools policy. We encourage all students to visit the Broward County Public Library for a FREE library card and supplemental resources.