In a world that is information-rich, be information smart!
The Walker Elementary Media Program teaches students the necessary skills to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers,
skillful researchers, and ethical users of information through instruction with students, collaboration with staff,
and a variety of programs, services and resources.
This web page is designed to help all Walker Wildcats soar to new heights!
Lost and Overdue Books
Pay Student Obligations and Fines
Media Center Procedures
- Remember your curiosity and love of stories when you visit the library.
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
- Politeness Please!
Search engines will be able to crawl your site more easily
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- to assist with the book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the online application at get involved We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest of maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.