The Corona Virus Epidemic
Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCov)
1. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What steps should the school administrator take if a student/staff informs you that they/their family have traveled abroad to China or been in close contact with someone who has traveled abroad in the last 14 days?
Answer: In the event of the student/staff presenting with signs/symptoms of fever, cough, difficulty breathing, it should be managed according to District protocols for communicable disease. School staff and healthcare personnel should always continue to follow standard Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) bloodborne pathogen infection control precautions. School staff should follow current procedure and report it to CSHS Department.
Question: How can school staff protect themselves and others to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses?
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing
- Wash hands often with proper handwashing techniques and/or use hand sanitizers
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth
- Stay home when sick and encourage parents of sick children to keep them at home
- Do not share eating utensils, drinking glasses or other personal items
- Touching an inanimate object with flu viruses on it, such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, desktops, and then touching the mouth or nose also may infect people; therefore, wash hands/use hand sanitizers.
Question: What if a student/staff request to wear face masks at school?
Answer: Face masks are not allowed in school or recommended. CDC does not recommend the use of face masks for the general US public to prevent the spread of the 2019 – Novel Coronavirus.
2. COORDINATED STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
Question: What steps should school administration do as preventive actions at school?
- Provide adequate supplies of soap and paper towels in dispensers in bathrooms and the areas for handwashing for student, staff and visitors.
- Provide adequate supply of hand sanitizers.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects such as doorknobs, desktops, equipment i.e., computers, laptops with District approved germicidal cleaner, Wexcide.
- Reinforce to staff, student and visitors to wash hands often with proper handwashing techniques and/or use hand sanitizers.
- Display posters throughout the school on proper handwashing and cover your cough.
- Provide parents with information on Novel Coronavrius “Parent Guide to the Novel Coronavirus (2019)” and post information on the schools’ website from CDC.
- Provide information in staff meetings, PTA and other community venues.
For more information on what our school is doing to as precaoution against this new epidemic Please read the forms below:
What you need to know about 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) | STOP THE SPREAD OF GERMS | What to do if you are sick with 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Transition and Deferment
For information on our transition and deferment options please read the form below:
Transition & Deferment Information