Media Center Procedures
- Remember your Student IDs! It's your passport to borrow library books.
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
- 2 books may be checked out at a time. 1st Semester Kindergartners will be allowed 1 book.
- Use whisper voices.
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- to assist with the book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the online application at GET INVOLVED WITH BCPS. We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest of maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.
Destiny: Connect to our school's media center
You can search through our entire inventory to see if a specific book is in our library and if that book is currently available.
The following links will direct you to our Media Centers catalog at Village Elementary School.
The catalog menu appears and from here you can search for any book by title, author, or subject. You can even simply use a keyword and/or search by series.
Click here to access our Destiny homepage: https://browardschools.follettdestiny.com/