"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
The Media Center offers a wealth of knowledge to our students. The media center is home to over 2000 books ranging from fiction to non-fiction. The media center offers students a safe and secure way to use the internet to do research and complete classroom assignment. Students are allowed to check out up to 3 books at a time.
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- Shelve books.
- Prepare materials.
- Assist with the book fair.
- Type certificates.
- Assist with inventory.
Please visit Broward County Public Schools Volunteer Programs web page for more information on how you can become a volunteer at New Renaissance Middle School. We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We welcome gifts and donations in the form of multi-media materials. All donations are reviewed to match our existing collections and to meet the selection criteria established by our development policy.
Book donations should meet the following criteria.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.