Our Media Specialist is Mr. Brain Kelly.
Media Center Procedures
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for two weeks and may be renewed.
- 2 books may be checked out at a time.
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- assist with book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the on-line application at Get Involved. We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest in maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.
Put Online Resources in Your Pocket with Broward School Libraries!!
Please Click Here to View List of Mobile Apps & Resources for Broward School Libraries.
Please see Mr. Kelly our Media Specialist, for userid and password logon.
Free Broward County Library Card!!!
When students head back to school in August, the Broward County Public Library wants to make sure that all students have one of the most important school supplies of all – a free public library card. Owning a Broward County Public Library card provides access to extensive print and online resources to support literacy and learning. When students receive their free library cards they will have free, immediate access to books (online and print), magazines, academic databases, internet access, test preparation materials, as well as homework help and additional resources.
Students can apply online or in-person with a parent/guardian.
Please visit: www.broward.org/Library for additional information.