Our media specialist is Mrs. Silva
Media Center Procedures
CHECKOUT POLICY: CHECKOUT PERIOD: 6th Grade: 1 week 7th & 8th Grades: 2 weeks Graphic Novels: overnight Number of books checked out at one time: 4 Students are responsible to return materials on time and in good condition.
OVERDUE NOTICES: Will be sent to your 2nd period teacher Login on DESTINY to check your account After 91 days a fine will be placed on your Student Obligation
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- assist with book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the on-line application at Get involved We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest in maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection. The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.