Atlantic Technical College and Technical High School Announcements
Tuesday, October 15th, 2019
Today is Pharmacy Technician Day and White Cane Day.
White Cane Safety Day celebrates the achievements of blind or visually impaired people. A white cane is an important mobility tool for such people as well as the symbol of their independence. Canes have been used by blind people for centuries, but the white cane was introduced in the early 20th century.
Announcements to be read:
Thought of the day!
“If You Don’t Want Everyone To See, Don’t Let Anyone See It”
Thoughtless online behavior and posts have the potential to cause pain and embarrassment, such as sexting.
# Think B4 U Post
- Yearbook Club meeting today from 2pm – 3pm in Room 2403
- ATC Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors!
Just a reminder that University of Central Florida will be on campus today from 2 to 3 p.m.! Those students who signed up through Naviance are able to attend the UCF Presentation. Please be at the Learning Commons at 2:00 p.m
- Good morning Tech Tigers! It’s that time of year again, Autumn Fest will be held on October 17th at 7pm on the patio. Make sure to buy a ticket for $20 and to bring in your canned food item during lunch. Also, sign up to run for Autumn Fest King & Queen. There is a pumpkin carving contest that will be held at Autumn Fest.Sign up now during lunch. Thank you.
- Digital Citizenship is the ability to use technology and communicate online in a safe, responsible, and positive way. Thought of the day: “Your Post Can Hurt Your Future.”
What you post today can affect your future, particularly as it relates to potential college and/or employment acceptance. #Think B4 U Post!
- Do you feel anxious or stressed? Would you like to learn ways to help you deal with this stress? If you answer Yes to either of these questions, you might benefit from our new Stressbusters' Discussion Group. Please stop by the Counseling Office, Room #2418 to sign up.
- In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, here are more facts:
Harvard University considers this next Hispanic in STEM as the next Albert Einstein. Sabrina Gonzalez Pasterski is a 24 year old physicist who has a very impressive resume that rivals any experienced physicist of our time. Currently Ms. Pasterski studies black holes and spacetime to explain gravity within the context of quantum mechanics. She has also been cited by Stephen Hawking and Andrew Strominger.
Linda Garcia Cubero is an engineer and the first Hispanic female to graduate from the Air Force Academy. From there she was commissioned to the Air Force as a second lieutenant and then began pursuing a master’s in systems engineering from Virginia Tech.
Antonio A. Mignucci - is an expert scientist specializing in the endangered tropical marine mammals and who founded the non-profit conservation organization Caribbean Stranding Network