Our math publisher, Harcourt School, has created a terrific online resource for students, teachers, and parents. Your child will benefit from:
The Learning Site
Follow these steps to access games, flash cards, glossary and family involvement activities.
- Go to http://www.harcourtschool.com/
- Click on “The Learning Site”.
- Click on Math.
- Click on the purple Harcourt Math link.
- Click on the appropriate grade level.
- You are now in “Just for Kid’s View”.
- Click on the activity you would like to do.
- To use the glossary, click on the blue “glossary” link.
- Click on the green “show me” link to have the computer show you more about math.
- Click on the yellow “That’s a Fact” link to play flash cards.
- To enter the parent’s view, click on the “Parent and Teacher View” link.
- The activities, glossary, show me and that’s a fact links are the same. Click on the light green, “Family Involvement Activities” link. The Family Involvement Activities provide instructional materials, vocabulary, activities, practice/homework, and games for family members to do together. These pages are in .pdf format and will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader. You will be able to print these pages. If you are unable to view the pages, please click on the link on the bottom to download the program.
- Click on the pink “Webliography” link to visit math links. The Math Webliography provides links to math background and teaching resources that will support you as your child learns topics in Harcourt Math. Each of these sites has been carefully selected to provide you with the best web-based support available.