Ms. Janice Crosby, Principal
Welcome to Flamingo Elementary's website. Our staff goes above and beyond to ensure each student receives the highest quality education in the safest and cleanest environment. Years of commitment, dedication and hard work has provided the foundation for the academic excellence that we continue to achieve.
The parents and community are an integral part of the school. I encourage you to participate in helping make your child's school experience rich and meaningful. Please join PTO and attend the School Advisory Forum (SAF) and the School Advisory Council (SAC) meetings. Volunteering at the school is always welcome. I feel communication is the key to success. Teamwork between students, teachers, parents, and staff members will continue to make this a magnificent year. I look forward to helping all of our children be the best they can be.
Mrs. Hillary Arroyo, Assistant Principal
FLAMINGO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
“Educating Broward’s Future”
MISSION STATEMENT AND PHILOSOPHY
The mission of Flamingo Elementary Schoolis to provide a safe and secure environment where a foundation of skills is built to ensure each student has developed good character and the knowledge to achieve success in all endeavors.
We, the faculty and staff, believe the goals of Flamingo Elementary School are:
• To foster an environment that allows students to learn within a safe haven-academically, emotionally, physically, and socially.
• To maintain frequent and meaningful communication between home and school in order to keep parents informed of the learning process and how it affects their children.
• To allow students the opportunity to make decisions and to accept the responsibilities for those decisions.
• To instill in students an appreciation for the diversity of all cultures.
• To ensure that all students are exposed to the latest technology that emphasizes critical skills, creative thinking, cooperation and the ability to seek out information.