In elementary school, your child will learn core subjects and develop fundamental skills. Language skills are taught from first to sixth grade through spelling, writing, and reading. Many public school programs will observe the progress of your child and place him in language courses that are appropriate to his learning style and progress.
Helpful links for learning
Reading and Language Arts
- www.scholastic.com--Read stories and play games
- www.starfall.com--Great for beginning readers
- www.kidsreads.com --Book reviews and trivia questions about your favorite books
- www.magickeys.com/books/--Online storybooks
- www.pbskids.org --read stories and play games from your favorite PBS programs!
- www.seussville.com --Dr. Seuss website
- www.carolhurst.com/authors/authors.html--Get information on your favorite authors!
- www.earobics.com/gamegoo/gooey.html--Fun reading and language arts games!