Library Media Center
Since the first week of school, your child has been checking out books at C. Robert Elementary! I’d like to introduce myself as the library media specialist and ask for your help in making your child a lifelong library user! Classes will be participating in many exciting and educational activities in our library. First graders will be allowed to check out one library book from the
media center each week to be read in the classrooms. Second, third, fourth and fifth grade students are allowed to take their books home, and will check out books based on their reading levels.
Please encourage your child to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Always handle the book with clean hands and be careful when turning the pages so they do not tear or wrinkle.
- Find a safe place at home to keep the book(s) when it isn’t being read. Always keep library books in the same place, out of the reach of pets and toddlers and away from food or drinks.
- Use a clean book bag or backpack to carry the library book so that it doesn’t get wet, dirty or torn.
As a parent, you can also help by:
- Reading the book with your child. Talk about the pictures and words. Enjoy the book together!
- Every week have your child return the book and exchange it for a different library book. Your child is scheduled for a library class once a week.
- If an accident occurs and a book does get damaged, please do not try to repair it yourself. Send it back to school with a note and I will do everything possible to fix it so that you do not have to pay to replace the book. If a book cannot be repaired or becomes lost, we ask that you pay to replace the book.
Thank you for your support.